Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:09 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Relocation Brackets

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: 07 S197
ORIGINAL: ziperhead
Why does the directions say not recommended for stock LCA's and if used use the lowest setting ? Doesn't make sense to me
because they wont fit. There was a mustang in at the dealership the other day that was useing the steeda brackets with the stock lca and it did not fit in them to line up with the holes. So he had to grind the back of the lca's to fit in the pocket
Ho 07S197,

That's weird, they looked likethey fit finewhen I've worked on cars with Steeda LCA brackets. Of course most of these carshad Steeda adjustable LCA'swith poly or rod ends or theSteeda billet LCA's but the space between the rear of the brakets looked thesame as the stock bracket gap. Maybe the LCA's yousaw were installed incorrectly? Steeda technical support has alsotold me that stock LCA's mechanically fit in any positionon the Steeda LCA bracketsandquestionedwhy anybody wouldwant torun stock LCA's in the stock locationafter going to all the trouble of installing them. I have to agree with Steeda technical support on thisas mechanically they look like they will clear the LCA brackets no problem. Why would you run a stock LCAin any otheradjustment location but the best one for your applicationroad course work or drag racing?

HTH!
the guy road raced the car, he said if he ran a aftermarket LCA that it would put him in a different class. The LCA's were the stock ones never removed so they couldnt ave been installed improperly. I saw it and they just wouldnt fit in there...
Old 05-19-2008, 02:49 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Relocation Brackets

ORIGINAL: F1Fan

ORIGINAL: ziperhead
Why does the directions say not recommended for stock LCA's and if used use the lowest setting ? Doesn't make sense to me
because they wont fit. There was a mustang in at the dealership the other day that was useing the steeda brackets with the stock lca and it did not fit in them to line up with the holes. So he had to grind the back of the lca's to fit in the pocket
Ho 07S197,

That's weird, they looked likethey fit finewhen I've worked on cars with Steeda LCA brackets. Of course most of these carshad Steeda adjustable LCA'swith poly or rod ends or theSteeda billet LCA's but the space between the rear of the brakets looked thesame as the stock bracket gap. Maybe the LCA's yousaw were installed incorrectly? Steeda technical support has alsotold me that stock LCA's mechanically fit in any positionon the Steeda LCA bracketsandquestionedwhy anybody wouldwant torun stock LCA's in the stock locationafter going to all the trouble of installing them. I have to agree with Steeda technical support on thisas mechanically they look like they will clear the LCA brackets no problem. Why would you run a stock LCAin any otheradjustment location but the best one for your applicationroad course work or drag racing?

HTH!
the guy road raced the car, he said if he ran a aftermarket LCA that it would put him in a different class. The LCA's were the stock ones never removed so they couldnt ave been installed improperly. I saw it and they just wouldnt fit in there...
Hi 07S197,

I meant maybe the Steeda LCA relocation brackets were installed incorrectly. Are you sure they were Steeda LCA relocation brackets? The Steeda LCA brackets have 5 holes no the usual 3 or 2 as the other brandshave.

HTH!