Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Steeda Relocation Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda Relocation Brackets

Why does the directions say not recommended for stock LCA's and if used use the lowest setting ? Doesn't make sense to me
Old 05-07-2008, 11:15 PM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Relocation Brackets

Yeah there directions suck Don't they. At there lowest setting (if stock puts them way down in the back. I added the steeda LCAs seems to handle ok and take off alittle better.

have fun putting them on. it looks like the bmr ones come with a bolt on the top of there bracket so you donot have to question the welding position. Oh yeah and no welding.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 AM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

I think I am going to send them back even though they want 20% restocking fees.

I will hold them a few days in case someone wants them 20% off the list price
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ziperhead
Why does the directions say not recommended for stock LCA's and if used use the lowest setting ? Doesn't make sense to me
Hi ziperhead,

Why not call and ask Steeda this question. I think the issue is one of mechanical interference though I don't think thereare any mechanicalclearance issues as I recall. Why would you use a stock LCA anyway?

Cheers

<< EDITED for clarity >>
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi zipehead,

When I think about it Ithey are concerned about the additional load all that extra leverage puts on the stock LCA bushings and the increased likelyhood of wheel hop and possible bushing failures. There is no good reason other than this that I can cook up.

HTH!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ybnormal
Yeah there directions suck Don't they. At there lowest setting (if stock puts them way down in the back. I added the steeda LCAs seems to handle ok and take off alittle better.

have fun putting them on. it looks like the bmr ones come with a bolt on the top of there bracket so you donot have to question the welding position. Oh yeah and no welding.
Hi ybnormal,

Yes all of the Steeda installation sheets are poor, Steeda is famous for this.The bolt-on LCA relocation brackets are a joke and an accident waiting to happen. If you have a high-powered application weld them on for safety.

I can't understand what you meantfor the other parts of the post, it all reads asnonsense to a native English speaker. What do you mean?

Cheers!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 PM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

I guess what I was trying to explain is the bmr relocation braket has a piece of metal that (the back side) that attaches to the frame I've seen pics and thought it to be an extra bolt added to it. I did not mean to saydo not weld these brackets.
The steeda brackets have a lot more play in them(when installing them) and do not look as firm as the BMR. plus you have got to weld them Tack perfectly --then weld correctly
I have the steedas installed and welded.
Hey F1fan I would think getting the lca back level would be the best thing for a stock LCA but on a lowered vehicle the lowest setting puts the angle down in the back and up in the front? shouldn't there directions explain some of this?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

The lowest setting is intended for drag racing. In that activity, planting the rear tires is worth more than the cornering behavior that is sacrificed to get the extra launch grip, and when working with OE rear suspensions that normally involves running the LCAs uphill toward the chassis. The low setting could also be used on cars that have been substantially lowered, but the reasons in that case are somewhat different.

From what I gather reading this thread, Steeda is not likely to write a bigger chapter trying to explain why any given setting should be used for each of the possible combinations of lowering and car use than they do just telling you how to install them.

Norm
Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

because they wont fit. There was a mustang in at the dealership the other day that was useing the steeda brackets with the stock lca and it did not fit in them to line up with the holes. So he had to grind the back of the lca's to fit in the pocket
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 S197
because they wont fit. There was a mustang in at the dealership the other day that was useing the steeda brackets with the stock lca and it did not fit in them to line up with the holes. So he had to grind the back of the lca's to fit in the pocket
Hi 07S197,

That's weird, they looked likethey fit finewhen I've worked on cars with Steeda's LCA relocation brackets. Of course most of these carshad Steeda adjustable LCA'swith poly or rod ends or the Steeda billet LCA's but the space between the rear of the brakets looked thesame as the stock bracket's gap. Maybe the LCA relocation bracketsyousaw were installed incorrectly? Steeda technical support long agotold me that stock LCA's mechanically fit in any positionon the Steeda LCA bracketsandquestionedwhy anybody wouldwant torun stock LCA's in the stock locationafter going to all the trouble of installing them. I have to agree with the Steeda technical support people on thisas mechanically the stock LCA's looked like they would clear the Steeda LCA brackets no problem. Why would you run a stock LCAin any otheradjustment location but the best one for your application,road course work or drag racing?

HTH!

<< EDITED for clarity and typos >>

Quick Reply: Steeda Relocation Brackets