Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

first suspension mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:34 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default first suspension mods?

Well I pretty mutch got my performance and appearence mods program worked out. Now I am trying to figure out a suspension mod plan. Two questions; What is the first susp mod you would do, and, I've heard that V6 stangs don't have a rear sway bar? Is that true? Well, I guess I could crawl under my car and look..LOL
Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: first suspension mods?

yes, it's true that the v6 BASE (meaning not the pony package) comes without a rear sway bar. and putting it on there DOES make a difference.

depending on what your goals are, people will say different things to get a "nice suspension package going"

i think what can help us help you will be for you to describe your goals for your car. do you want to race at the track? is it a daily driver? is there a specific budget?

personally, my first mod was to throw on a rear sway, but that was easy, and it'll be getting replaced shortly. my first big project will be lowering the car. I bought eibach pro-kit springs, tokico d-spec shocks/struts, eibach caster/camber bolts, and GT500 upper strut mounts, which ran me $650 total, and will be (hopefully) installing them within the week.

prothane bushings are usually a recommendation, and are fairly cheaper. I think you can get more satisfaction out of the route I'm going than just replacing bushings, but I have yet to be able to prove that as I have nothing prothane yet.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:28 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danbevsv6rumbler

personally, my first mod was to throw on a rear sway, but that was easy, and it'll be getting replaced shortly. my first big project will be lowering the car. I bought eibach pro-kit springs, tokico d-spec shocks/struts, eibach caster/camber bolts, and GT500 upper strut mounts, which ran me $650 total, and will be (hopefully) installing them within the week.
Tell me how the heck you got all that for $650?? The d-specs will run you 550-600 alone unless you got them used I thought.

To the OP the sway bars make a big difference no matter what style you want to drive the car so I would start there.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

well you see, I know people that know people....

actually i found them on ebay... if you would like to know more about the store, send me a PM. they're not installed yet, but in the box they look AWESOME!

and i bought the springs off of the previous owner of my car for $50 - he didn't want to keep him, so I made him an offer!

and of course, the camber bolts ran me about $23, and the GT500 upper strut mounts were $60 for the pair... plus shipping actually rounds up to $100. So technically, I got it all for less than that. I've been doing a LOT of researching... and I think I found the best deals that I could get!