Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Track Report: VIR

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Import_Slaya
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Argonaut
A kart enduro - yikes. I was done after about 20 min, those karts are brutal - LOL.

Yep, the esses are awesome. You probably noted in the video I liked to pass there - coming out of the flat esses into the uphill esses. I could really get the car wound up and just fly by those with smaller engines.

What is your next track event? I'm off to Summit Shendoah this weekend with SCCA.
Summit Main in October with NASA. Definitely post a track report from "The Concrete Jungle."
Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Yeah VIR is the only course I have ever been to. I did the twilight kart enduro with 2 of my buddies right after it had rained there. That downhill off camber turn after the long straight can get pretty tricky when the track is damp.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
Yeah VIR is the only course I have ever been to. I did the twilight kart enduro with 2 of my buddies right after it had rained there. That downhill off camber turn after the long straight can get pretty tricky when the track is damp.
LOL - that corner is tricky when its not damp. I found the brakes to be pretty touchy (my inexperience in a kart) and locked them up on the downhill, resulting in a lot of wiggle and a near off track event. I quickly learned not to do that.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Import_Slaya
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jahudso2
Originally Posted by Argonaut
LOL - that corner is tricky when its not damp. I found the brakes to be pretty touchy (my inexperience in a kart) and locked them up on the downhill, resulting in a lot of wiggle and a near off track event. I quickly learned not to do that.
Whew, I thought it was just me! Not having any prior kart experience, I never knew all the braking was rear wheels. I came ripping down that section, hit the brakes, and promptly spun right off the track and deep into the mud. It was a blast. Great way to kill the Friday night you arrive for a track weekend.