Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

BMR or UMI LCA's????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

Default BMR or UMI LCA's????

OK guys (& girls), Its time to decide... BMR or UMI. I can get both for a reasonable price one a little cheaper (will not tell what on as it may sway some opinions) I need to know from you all... the ones I trust; Which ones. Ive heard from both sponsors and am kinda leaning towards UMI as Sam seems like a hell of a guy and if you look in to LS1 forums wow hes like a god there. Still i can also appreciate your guy's input. Also I hate to ask this for the 3rd time but relocation brackets??? Yes or NO? Im not lowered and never will be and am really thinking physics says it would help alot with gettup and go off the line.
BMR VRS UMI LCA's????
Old 10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

HA HA HA
ok so nobody has UMI or BMR
Im shocked
Old 10-26-2008, 04:19 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Personally ive never heard of UMI. I know a lot of people run BMR.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

These parts are not rocket science. All of the major brands are well made and frankly I don't know how anyone can say one is better than the other unless they have tried them both. I have picked up and examined the UMI UCAs, LCAs and adjustable endlinks. They are everybit as well made as my BMR parts and my Spohn parts.

BMR is popular, they make a lot of different parts for the car. I have some and they are good. But I wouldn't hesitate getting the UMI arms.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

great news. I kinda thought that but still there has to be somw difference between the two. I'm thinking bmr lowers and umi uppers just because of my available cost.... both seem about the same.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i've got some BMR's waiting to be installed. never heard of UMI till i checked out sam's site.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ha ha neither did i untill i checked out sams site. he swears by em.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 AM
alexthejew
1st Gear Member

i think bmr has very solid looking products. i think i will get sways from bmr rather than steeda, and i also want the k-member with the lower motor mounts. every question i have ever had for bmr was answered promply an thoroughly with fact and reason.

i also have never heard of umi
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Thank you for the support. BMR has been in business for 10 years and we have been in the s197 market since 05. Our parts are some of the best built parts on the market. Some of the things that we pride ourselves on is our product quality and out tech knowledge. We have a two year warranty on our products and lifetime on our springs. If anyone ever has an issue with a part that we manufactor we will get the situation resolved. Thanks again for your support.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

UMI is not new. They've been around doing F, G, and B-body GM stuff for quite a while. They've also had some Fox and SN95 Mustang stuff for a while and we used my cars to work on S197 stuff.

The parts are top notch, and some folks here have gotten UMI stuff from me, and I won't hesitate to use it. In fact I'll put the quality of the parts, the welding and the powdercoating up against anyone's parts. I would not use their parts if I though it was junk. I can assure you that is not the case. Most every description spells out the metal used, the bushigns or rod-ends being used, and the type of welding being used. While I can't argue that many of might not have heard of them, many haven't heard of me either until more recently...

As for brackets. I told you by PM and will again here, I would start without them. Your car is not lowered, which means your LCA's are not out of alignment due to lowering. And in fact lowered S197's w/o brackets wheel hop less than stock ones do (when stock arms are used either way). Upgrade the arms and see what you get for traction once you aren't slamming the axle all around. Go from there.

Quick Reply: BMR or UMI LCA's????