Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Which LCAs do you think are better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:53 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

There are TONS of threads in the handling section with advice for every setup you want to do. CrazyAl, F1fan and Norm have all written books worth of posts about these subjects. There is not one correct answer to any question really either. You just have to go through the threads and get a feel on what you want and then you can make a good decision on the parts you need and dont need.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

that is very good info, eolson, thanks

the route i'm planning on going is mainly for road handling and comfort more than drag or actual street racing. the roads around me aren't in the greatest shape, so i can't lower it too much. my main plan is to eventually get the lcas (bmr's less expensive ones), roush's rear springs, tokico d-specs, and maybe a strut tower brace to help with whatever flex may occur (plus whatever else i may need to correct any other problems).

Originally Posted by howarmat
There are TONS of threads in the handling section with advice for every setup you want to do.
i didn't even think about looking there
Old 11-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xeno

the route i'm planning on going is mainly for road handling and comfort more than drag or actual street racing. the roads around me aren't in the greatest shape, so i can't lower it too much. my main plan is to eventually get the lcas (bmr's less expensive ones), roush's rear springs, tokico d-specs, and maybe a strut tower brace to help with whatever flex may occur (plus whatever else i may need to correct any other problems).

If you are concerned about noise and comfort you might consider using the GT500 LCA's from Ford. They have stiffer rubber bushings than the stock LCAs but are quieter than a poly bushing. They also come with a set of hardware. If you want LCAs to cure axle hop these should do it for you.

The front strut tower brace is considered to offer little or no benefit other than bling by a lot people in this forum. I got one before I found that out but like the way is looks and with my SC and big front tires figure it can't hurt on track days. Of course it also adds weight at the end of the car.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:39 PM
BMRFabricationSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Xeno

Hello, i think our lca's part number TCA019 would work great in your situation. If you decide to lower your car you will need an adjustable panhard bar to correct body alignment. Give me a call and i will be able to get you pricing on these parts. We also offer 1.25" front and 1.5" rear lower springs that are guaranteed for life against spring sag. If you like shoot me a pm. Thanks Dennis

Last edited by BMRFabricationSales; 12-11-2008 at 10:56 AM.