Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Roush suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:32 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Hi seabee,Ihave the roush package on my08 and all i can say is WOW. what a difference.I have the stage 2 and i think the only difference on the stage 3 is the front springs.The car is like night and day in the way it handles and rides!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

charliebrown, did u have any problems with lowering the car. one guy pointed out above that lowering the car i should get a panhard bar, did you? or did you just get the stage 2 and call it good?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:06 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I had no problems what so ever,it's only a 1 inch drop and i measured from side to side and its perfect.There is another thread right now about lowering there car.I think the upper and lower control arms a waste of money.Plus with roush you are buying a kit from a company that races and wins!On less you are going auto cross the car i don't think you need adjustable shocks and struts.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Also seabee when i got my kit the front sway bar bushings were missing,i phoned them up and they over night shipped them to me no questions asked. A first class company that stands behind what they sell and great customer service.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

[QUOTE=charliebrown266;5807163].....I think the upper and lower control arms a waste of money.Plus with roush you are buying a kit from a company that races and wins!....QUOTE]

Regarding the UCA Roush sell what they describe as an anti-hop kit http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=772

In the description it says "This part is the same anti-wheel hop kit that's installed in the ROUSH plant on all ROUSH vehicles with suspension upgrades."
Old 01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

Hi sleeper i was just saying that you put your on the track,If you talk to people that race these cars,they say the upper and lowers are not worth the money! Has well you car is blowen,so wheel may be a problem.Your car is great,i have seen it many times on sat nights at the car show. If he is not racing this car i dont think he needs to spend the money on upper and lower arms. he may need a panhard bar no car is the same.Mine was okay without it. I have raced motorcycles for years and adjustable suspension is a must to go faster. No track is the same. For the street it is not needed.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Seabee
2nd Gear Member

there is a track out here and id love to do some autocrossing so maybe they would be usefull to get. im gonna get a whole list together as time nears so i can decide what i will get and what will wait but id love to do a full upgrade on suspension for track use and id love to stay roush with most of the parts.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I think you will like the roush kit!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 AM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

I would have to agree with Sleeper on this one. OP spend some time in the handling section searching other suspension threads. You will soon see the knowledgeable people all chime in and say that for the same money or a little more you can have a much more well rounded and adjustable suspension. Why spend all that money to have a better DD handler which will lead you to the track to only be disappointed. Roush may well race and win but they are not using the exact same components on their race cars that they sell in their stage 2 or 3 kits.
Adjustability doesn't mean you have to adjust it when going from track to street, you could easily find a setting that works fine for both situations that is superior to the one size fits all from Roush, Saleen, or Steeda.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:42 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I'm not not trying to say sleeper is wrong and i'm right.seabee asked about the roush package and never said anything about tracking the car! The roush kit very well rounded kit for what i use my car for! If i was racing or useing my car on the track i would have gone a different route for sure.

Quick Reply: Roush suspension.