Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

StangSuspension Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Default StangSuspension Springs

Anyone tried these or have pics of them? They lower the front a little more than the rear for a racked look. they are only 89 bucks for a set of 4, so i dont know if they are any good. They are a sponsor on this board so i was hoping someone had some info on them. Also are camber plate required and what about camber bolts?

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...idproduct=1362

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:29 PM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

I have ordered from Stangsuspension before, they are a good company. Be careful, you get what you pay for. the link states 1.75 for the front thats a major drop, and will require shocks, new mounts, camber plates or bolts etc. I went with the h&r and that is a 1.5, which made a huge difference. i understand they are on "close out" so make sure they will warranty them, but would still use a more reputable brand like steeda, h&r, eibach etc.

Good Luck
Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dvs4.6
I have ordered from Stangsuspension before, they are a good company. Be careful, you get what you pay for. the link states 1.75 for the front thats a major drop, and will require shocks, new mounts, camber plates or bolts etc. I went with the h&r and that is a 1.5, which made a huge difference. i understand they are on "close out" so make sure they will warranty them, but would still use a more reputable brand like steeda, h&r, eibach etc.

Good Luck
thanks....well they make another set that has a smaller drop...would those be a better choice?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

In general a drop of around an inch provides measurable benefits in terms of handling without creating the problems that come with the more severe drops. These include severely reduced suspension movement, reduced ground clearance and front end geometry changes that require more hardware to fix.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
In general a drop of around an inch provides measurable benefits in terms of handling without creating the problems that come with the more severe drops. These include severely reduced suspension movement, reduced ground clearance and front end geometry changes that require more hardware to fix.
Remenber, this is an expensive modification and is best to do it correctly the first time. Use the SEARCH tool to view previous threads on suspensions. most of us replaced shocks/struts, mounts and springs. install price should not change from just replacing springs, so do it all together.

Good luck!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dvs4.6
Remenber, this is an expensive modification and is best to do it correctly the first time. Use the SEARCH tool to view previous threads on suspensions. most of us replaced shocks/struts, mounts and springs. install price should not change from just replacing springs, so do it all together.

Good luck!
wish i had the cash to do the entire thing but i really dont wanna spend that much money on my car. i ordered the ford k springs 1.5 drop all the way around. the same ones on the shelby gt (not gt500) and they have the stock struts/shocks.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rcj2000
i ordered the ford k springs 1.5 drop all the way around. the same ones on the shelby gt (not gt500) and they have the stock struts/shocks.
That's incorrect. They come with new shocks/struts, springs, and swaybars.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
That's incorrect. They come with new shocks/struts, springs, and swaybars.
yeah i know they are not GT shocks/struts, but they are still stock...stock means comes that way from the factory.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

It seemed like you were trying to justify buying just the K-springs on your stock shocks by saying that they're fine on the Shelby GT, which has the shocks that come in the Ford Racing Handling Pak. So you also ordered the shocks/struts from the Shelby GT?
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Texotic
It seemed like you were trying to justify buying just the K-springs on your stock shocks by saying that they're fine on the Shelby GT, which has the shocks that come in the Ford Racing Handling Pak. So you also ordered the shocks/struts from the Shelby GT?
I agree, if you are using the same shock/strut that came with your GT you will have to replace them at some point. thus, paying double labor costs. hold on a few more days/months and buy a kit. some are very inexpensive and have matching springs and shocks. it is in your best interest to do it this way.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: StangSuspension Springs