Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Roush Rear Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:42 AM
lespah80
1st Gear Member

Default Roush Rear Springs

hey everyone, did alot of research around the forum here and im looking for a realistic outcome. I want to install the rear springs only, merely to drop the pack of the car for cosmetic purposes. I read around that you really should replace the shocks/adjustable panhard bar with the installation of the springs, why is this? Do the stock shocks really wear out on only 3/4" drop in the rear? Thanks, Kevin
Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

I have Roush rears without shocks/struts. The very mild drop of the Roush's don't really cause too many problems so far as I've heard. I've put about 1000 miles on my springs and they still feel great.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:05 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I replaced just the rear springs with Roush's and no other suspension pieces. I've put on several thousand miles and had no problems at all.

You can see the mild drop in this pic.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Looks nice. Are these hard to install? Never done it before.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
lespah80
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by East87
I have Roush rears without shocks/struts. The very mild drop of the Roush's don't really cause too many problems so far as I've heard. I've put about 1000 miles on my springs and they still feel great.
Damn, that red and black combo makes for one badass lookin GT! Keep up the work you got a nasty stang there. Thanks for the input everyone, I figured there wouldnt be too much stress on the shocks with such a mild drop, I just really like the look of it. You have Lower control arms right? does that affect the spring/shocks at all or no?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

Roush springs have a different spring rate than the stock springs and will eventually wear out the stock rear shocks. Who knows how long though. When I installed my Roush rear springs, the car moved 3/4 to the left so I put on a adjustable panhard bar.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I have the Roush springs front and back with Koni adj. shocks/struts.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lespah80
Damn, that red and black combo makes for one badass lookin GT! Keep up the work you got a nasty stang there. Thanks for the input everyone, I figured there wouldnt be too much stress on the shocks with such a mild drop, I just really like the look of it. You have Lower control arms right? does that affect the spring/shocks at all or no?
Thanks for the compliment!

I cannot say for sure what effects the LCA's and relocation brackets will have on the shocks and struts. All I can say is that my pinion angle wasn't corrected, so like ziperhead said, the stock shocks/struts will eventually wear out due to this change. However, with such a mild drop, the effects aren't likely to be dramatic for a long time.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:47 AM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Roush rear springs only here with no issues at all. ride is as smooth as stock.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

I've got over 20,000 miles on mine with stock shocks and zero problems. Wingman 75's photo is dead on.

Quick Reply: Roush Rear Springs