Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

GT/CS with Eibach's Sport Line Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:31 PM
russje
2nd Gear Member

Question GT/CS with Eibach's Sport Line Springs???

So I just bought a GT/CS front bumper for my GT. I'm about to start buying parts to lower it, and I'm looking at the Eibach Sport Line springs.

I've already bought an adjustable pan hard bar, adjustable upper control arm, and lower control arm relocation brackets.

I plan on using the Tokico D specs and Steeda HD upper strut mounts with the, sport lines and am thinking this should be all I'll need. My question is does anyone have any issues rubbing the front end? On speed bumps or maybe driveway entrance/exits?

Just curious I don't want to be scraping my new front bumper.

Thanks guys
Old 08-27-2009, 03:01 PM
trigger06
2nd Gear Member

Sportlines give a pretty aggressive drop... I have a friend who's got them on his 06. His front end is all kinds of tore up.... I'd go for a different spring.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:41 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

I have an 07 GTCS with the Roush springs, about a 1" drop and I am all over curbs if I am not careful and have to do some extreme angles out of parking areas sometimes. I can post some pics if you want.
Its worth it to get the look tho.

here is a pic

Last edited by TEXASGT/CS; 08-27-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM
russje
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
I have an 07 GTCS with the Roush springs, about a 1" drop and I am all over curbs if I am not careful and have to do some extreme angles out of parking areas sometimes. I can post some pics if you want.
Its worth it to get the look tho.
Don't you already have the ford handling pack installed though? So that would be a 1.5" drop from what I have, plus you went down another inch? Or are gtcs' the same height as stock GT's?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by russje
Don't you already have the ford handling pack installed though? So that would be a 1.5" drop from what I have, plus you went down another inch? Or are gtcs' the same height as stock GT's?
The 1.5" drop they talk about is in the chin spoiler. I think the GTCS is the same hieght as the stock GT, the GTCS package is purely a cosmetic package, wish it did come with the ford handling pack.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
1nasty05
2nd Gear Member

I dont have a gt/cs but i do have a GT with gt500 chin spoiler and 18'' wheels with sportlines and i do actually scrape that lip on just about every entrance and exit of places the side skirts actually hit on a rail road crossing on time, you really have to take it easy go slow at a angle over everything back into parking spots and watch for road kill. but on the positive it looks great and and i always get comments on how slammed my car is which i like heres a pic for ya. and if you actually look at the lip in the pic that dusty lookin stuff is from where i hit a little patch of gravel pulling in the parking lot.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

The stance on that car is awesome.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:39 PM
russje
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1nasty05
I dont have a gt/cs but i do have a GT with gt500 chin spoiler and 18'' wheels with sportlines and i do actually scrape that lip on just about every entrance and exit of places the side skirts actually hit on a rail road crossing on time, you really have to take it easy go slow at a angle over everything back into parking spots and watch for road kill. but on the positive it looks great and and i always get comments on how slammed my car is which i like heres a pic for ya. and if you actually look at the lip in the pic that dusty lookin stuff is from where i hit a little patch of gravel pulling in the parking lot.

See and that's exactly what I'm worried about. The gt/cs bumper is painted on the sides so if I scrape it's going to look crappy. I guess I should just go with my original plan and get the bumpers put on before I see how much lower I want to go.

Oh and by the way, your car does look sick. And it's a very good comparison, because I'm running 18's as well.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:07 AM
EF 07GTCS
1st Gear Member

It will be best if you angle down out of driveways and speedbumps that are of the deep style (2' instead of 1') Or just go so and keep the fat girls out and you'll be ok. You also don't have to back into parking spaces, just don't pull all the way in. This of course works better in a 20' deep space vs. an 18'.

Side note:
A 20' space has the wheel stop at 18'
A 18' space the whell stop (if there is one) is around 16'
E
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

I'm running H&R SS springs, and there are some driveways that I can't get into anymore.

Scraped the left front corner about 2 weeks after I put the bumpers on.

I might sand and paint the bottom 1/2" of the bumper black.

Quick Reply: GT/CS with Eibach's Sport Line Springs???