Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering Springs Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM
cdown16
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering Springs Install

Generally, what is a fair price on having lowering springs installed on our rides? I heard its a bit tricky to do it yourself and to have it professionally done. I just do not like paying to install things if I can do it myself. Thanks for the advice!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM
foolio2k4
3rd Gear Member

Not tricky to do at all. Easy stuff. Just rent a spring compressor and thats all you need.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

Alignment is also needed had local roadster shop install Eibach Pro with camber plates for $350 she can lay on her back for $350 I won't
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

It's a pretty simple DIY proceedure, all you need is a spring compressor you can buy one from Harbor Freight for around $10 or rent one someplace. I replaced springs and shocks myself a few weeks ago.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

To the OP -

This section and forum have LOTS of good info (as well as lots of bad). Rather than bury current threads with new info by posting a half dozen new ones about things that have been gone over hundreds of times, please see the stickies and make use of the search function.

At the very least, condense your half dozen threads into one. It's not fair to other members to have their threads shuffled down the list when the answers you seek are right under your nose.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Well said^ However for the install I would say anywhere from 200-300 for install. You are much better off just renting/buying a compressor and doing it yourself.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Do it yourself. Takes 3-4 hours with basic hand tools an a rented spring compressor. So easy even I can do it.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

everyone has pretty much said what you need to know, the only thing I'd like to add is that since you have a convertible you'll also have to drop the frame connectors (2 total - 1 on each side) running underneath the car from the trunk area to just behind the doors...I think there were 5 or 6 bolts per frame connector. I went to drop my rear axle to get the springs out and the frame connectors wouldn't allow it to go low enough to pull the stock springs out...so I had to remove them, set them aside, drop the rear axle, swap the springs and then reinstall everything
Old 09-11-2009, 12:06 PM
cdown16
1st Gear Member

Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I feel confident that I can just get it done myself now and save a few hundred bucks. I have made a few posts that need answers and for the most part, people on here are great. There is a few idiots that like to state their unwanted opinions every now and then though. Gotta love forums.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:49 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cdown16
Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I feel confident that I can just get it done myself now and save a few hundred bucks. I have made a few posts that need answers and for the most part, people on here are great. There is a few idiots that like to state their unwanted opinions every now and then though. Gotta love forums.
why add fuel to the fire? they are only telling you the truth and giving suggestions for next time. as I said in my other post, in your other thread, you would be amazed at the information you would get if you used the search function

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs Install