Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Want a Strut tower brace, but have Camber Plates????

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I watched him show up and defend his coils on modular fords over and over again. He didn't back down but couldn't substantiate the claims....whatever
Old 10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
GT Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
it looks like these cars are vulnerable to vertical falls through damage to the strut towers (Ghost's car also had damage from a vertical fall), this is different and pretty unique from the damage that Impulse Cars had. I wonder if the STB might prevent the damage or just brace the part that's weakened from them in the accident. That's actually a pretty cool story though, thanks for the contribution brother!
I spent almost 4 days with that Ford Engineer and he basically said the very same thing. A vertical fall is very uncommon, or so the designers of the car thought and as such, most of the strength and the crumple zones are designed for horizontal type impacts. Any vertical impacts tend to be pretty harsh on the car. He even mentioned that on his 09 GT Coupe, for this very reason, he runs subframe connectors, an STB, rear shock tower bar and a much stronger A arm brace. He even gave me drawings and material specs for the A Arm and Shock bar, both of which he fabbed for himself out of second hand PHB's.

I was fortunate in that most of the impact was absorbed by the front of the car, and what the rear end took, the suspension desided to give instead of the unibody.

Also, as for the Factory A Arm brace.. I can say 100% that the Late production (Late march) 2007 coupes have them. mine had one until I made the stronger bar for it.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I watched him show up and defend his coils on modular fords over and over again. He didn't back down but couldn't substantiate the claims....whatever
If that was anything like the K-member "discussions", did anybody offer to serve him any cheese to go with that whine? He's just too sensitive and too strident in defending himself, like at age 42 he's never managed to outgrow being picked on as a kid and it spills over into the business side of his life.

The unfortunate thing about his forum presences (other than the smear it puts on a widely-recognized family name) is that it casts some doubt on his decisions as a business owner. Fortunately as far as this thread is concerned, it's a bit harder to screw up a couple of simple braces to the point where they neither fit nor function at all than it would be to source some problematic COP's.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 10-15-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

See. If I were going any deeper with the mods (and I may yet, just working on the surface/easy stuff right now) I wouldn't go any further with Granatelli. I'd go with Ford Racing, something like that. I did notice the negative reviews on a lot of their more complicated parts, but I figured how can they screw up braces? And the exhaust I was leery of until my friend investigated for me.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I'm spending all my money with Sam Strano from now on so if he stocks it I'll buy it. I'm done with helping vendors which never post here.
And I'll (again) be an official site sponsor here shortly. Was before, then wasn't (I think when Internet Brands took over), but am signing the agreement today to pick this site up officially. I like to spend some time on sites first to see if there is a good fit for my information and help. I like this site, it's way better than a few others.