Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM
07arcticwhiteGT
1st Gear Member

Default shocks/struts

The guy I bought my car from put Eibach lowering spings on my car but left the stock struts and shocks on the car and I want to upgrade them. Anyone have this set up on theirs? What setup did you go with, and how do you like them? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
dvs4.6
2nd Gear Member

research, many threads on this site.

most have the d-specs, or koni set up.

good luck.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 PM
07arcticwhiteGT
1st Gear Member

thanks
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Ive got another question for you guys. I plan on lowering my car but not for a while. I also have some bad wheel hop but ive heard some LCAs arent a great idea for road courses that they are more for drag. If i got some new shock and struts could i use them on my stock springs till i lower the car? Also will they help the wheel hop? Ive heard stiffer springs will so i would assume these would do the same. Summit has konis for 180 and 210 (front and rear) so its fairly affordable for me especially if i just get rear ones for now. Are konis high quality? I know lots of guys run them but if im going to upgrade id like to get the best i can with my budget.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
Ive got another question for you guys. I plan on lowering my car but not for a while. I also have some bad wheel hop but ive heard some LCAs arent a great idea for road courses that they are more for drag. If i got some new shock and struts could i use them on my stock springs till i lower the car? Also will they help the wheel hop? Ive heard stiffer springs will so i would assume these would do the same. Summit has konis for 180 and 210 (front and rear) so its fairly affordable for me especially if i just get rear ones for now. Are konis high quality? I know lots of guys run them but if im going to upgrade id like to get the best i can with my budget.

A few items:

I sell Koni, and have them for actually a bit less than Summit. Note the prices are not a pair, but each. The set being $780 here @ Strano Performance Parts.

Note the fact they don't have fronts. Neither do I, in fact nobody does at this time. But I will get mine among the first when they arrive because I have more on backorder than anyone else.

I have rear shocks in stock, ready to go.

I can explain to you how they work, help you set them up... Nobody at Summit can. I have these on my cars, and use them to win SCCA National Championships (many, many)... and do so in S197 Mustangs.

Are they good quality? Hell yes, much better put together than Tokico D-Specs, on par with Bilstein (which are not adjustable). I also carry both those brands as well.

Some LCA's are bad for handling, some are just fine. I will note that lowering the car tend to make most wheelhop go away even without LCA's. Something to consider.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
A few items:

I sell Koni, and have them for actually a bit less than Summit. Note the prices are not a pair, but each. The set being $780 here @ Strano Performance Parts.

Note the fact they don't have fronts. Neither do I, in fact nobody does at this time. But I will get mine among the first when they arrive because I have more on backorder than anyone else.

I have rear shocks in stock, ready to go.

I can explain to you how they work, help you set them up... Nobody at Summit can. I have these on my cars, and use them to win SCCA National Championships (many, many)... and do so in S197 Mustangs.

Are they good quality? Hell yes, much better put together than Tokico D-Specs, on par with Bilstein (which are not adjustable). I also carry both those brands as well.

Some LCA's are bad for handling, some are just fine. I will note that lowering the car tend to make most wheelhop go away even without LCA's. Something to consider.
How long are the Koni Str-t shocks on back order? I was going to buy some from you within the next month with some steeda ultralite springs. Also what rims do you recommend as far as lightweight. are the steeda "lightweight" rims actually lighter than stock?

Also I got rid of 90% of my wheel hop by going from stock 235 pirellis to 255 nitto 555s
Old 01-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by svtsupremecy
How long are the Koni Str-t shocks on back order? I was going to buy some from you within the next month with some steeda ultralite springs. Also what rims do you recommend as far as lightweight. are the steeda "lightweight" rims actually lighter than stock?

Also I got rid of 90% of my wheel hop by going from stock 235 pirellis to 255 nitto 555s

STR.T's aren't on backorder, I have some coming in early next week. Sport fronts are on backorder...... Have Ultralites in stock too.

Stock Ford rims are super heavy. Steeda rims are normally lighter (but depends on the particular wheel).
Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM
shane.stockard
2nd Gear Member

I have d-spec and Eibach pro's..
Old 01-28-2010, 12:05 AM
DarDan76

I'm taking the stock struts off and installing some non adjustable Koni's on with the stock springs. Is it true that if you change the front struts, you have to have the car realigned?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

You should have it checked and adjusted if it is out of spec.

Quick Reply: shocks/struts