Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Enkei RPF1 - getting serious now

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
houstonnw
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Philostang
Pretty is for pu(...bleep).
Best,
-j
<clears throat, FR500C wheel>

Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Not sure where you were going with that Houstonnw...I actually like that wheel (and just about everything Fikse puts out).

I'm not against pretty, just against that as a first and defining parameter for picking a performance part. Once you square away the options that meet your functional needs/interests and fit your budget, by all means go with what you personally think looks best.

Sadly, at $1,200 ea., it's a wee bit out of my range. Oh yeah...and they're 21 lbs. ea., but I'm sure damn strong. At least they had better be...

Then again, if cost were no obstacle, I'd be looking at Forgeline or Volk for street wheels and definitely CCW for track wheels.

Alas, Santa hasn't rained down bucket loads of cash on me, I'm still married, the kid's in college, etc...

-j
Old 01-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Hey does anyone have a price point on those PF01's? I am loving those wheels, so sick. I have a silver GT, but I will have a black hood and a blacked out rear panel so I think the silver would still look good.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

They should be running about the same as the RPF-1 wheels, so if you have a local supplier who has a price on them, they should come very close to it for the PF01 wheels.

In the Chicago area, you can get a set for $1,280 (a hair over the price of just one FR500C wheel). That comes to $320 per wheel before taxes. I knew of one online seller who is offering them for $1,250 for a full set (shipped!), so you get an idea of the general ball park.

For the price, they're about the best bang-for-your-lightweight-buck. You can get TRM wheels from TireRack, but guess what...their production is farmed out to Enkei. These guys are the ones to go to if you want a really lightweight wheel (under 19 lbs. ea. for 18x9.5") that won't kill your pocketbook in the process...and I think they look pretty sweet too.

Best,
-j

Last edited by Philostang; 01-30-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm on the fence with the Silver...it's pretty light, and my car (Tungsten) tends to look better with light wheels. I saw a nice photoshop of these in black, and it looked pretty mean, so we'll see.
I can see those in gun metal with your Tungsten Pony.
A decent shop can paint those for $250 for sure down here in FL.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Sadly, at $1,200 ea., it's a wee bit out of my range. Oh yeah...and they're 21 lbs. ea., but I'm sure damn strong. At least they had better be...
Also, those rims are set up for 1/2" studs.
I wouldn't recommend them with OEM lug nuts because of lack of contact surface from their smaller size...
Old 01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

I am such a hijacker sorry, but what kind of offset would look right on our cars according to you guys? I see that for the PF01's it's either +35 or +45, I researched what that means according to tirerack but just not sure which one looks right. I am thinking +35 because it seems like it would be tucked into the wheel well a bit more. Opinions please?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Import_Slaya
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flyingpants
I am such a hijacker sorry, but what kind of offset would look right on our cars according to you guys? I see that for the PF01's it's either +35 or +45, I researched what that means according to tirerack but just not sure which one looks right. I am thinking +35 because it seems like it would be tucked into the wheel well a bit more. Opinions please?
I think you may have it backwards... The less offset, the more it will stick out. In this case, the +45 will be more tucked into the wheel well. FWIW, in a 9.5" wide wheel +38 is perfect. Not quite flush with the fender, but close to it. A +35 would be just fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Import_Slaya
I think you may have it backwards... The less offset, the more it will stick out. In this case, the +45 will be more tucked into the wheel well. FWIW, in a 9.5" wide wheel +38 is perfect. Not quite flush with the fender, but close to it. A +35 would be just fine.
I see, thanks.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Import_Slaya
That's correct.

Quick Reply: Enkei RPF1 - getting serious now