Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Track Pack II Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 09:44 AM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default Track Pack II Help!!!

Hey guys, I was wondering if this is Ford's track pack thats listed on their website

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10637

If this is not the genuine track pack, can someone tell me if I can purchase one? I was wondering because I am just starting to get into the suspension part of my car, and was wondering if because the strut tower brace looks different from the ones with the track packs from the factory. Any Help? And also I looked at Steeda, as I have those on my 01 GT and I have bilstein shocks and struts does any one know if the newer steeda springs ride smoother than the new edge ones did because it is still a little to rough for my liking of an every day daily driver, but cannot beat that stang in the corners love it!!! Any help guys Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Have you looked in the S197 Handling section? Tons of info there.

I've got the Koni srt.t dampers on the way along w/ steeda sport springs. Trying to make up my mind about the HD mounts...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
Hey guys, I was wondering if this is Ford's track pack thats listed on their website

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10637

If this is not the genuine track pack, can someone tell me if I can purchase one? I was wondering because I am just starting to get into the suspension part of my car, and was wondering if because the strut tower brace looks different from the ones with the track packs from the factory. Any Help? And also I looked at Steeda, as I have those on my 01 GT and I have bilstein shocks and struts does any one know if the newer steeda springs ride smoother than the new edge ones did because it is still a little to rough for my liking of an every day daily driver, but cannot beat that stang in the corners love it!!! Any help guys Thanks!!!
Biggest difference between ours and FRPP's kit will be the springs and dampeners.

If you really want ride quality but still have decent handling you could do our Ultra-lite springs instead of the regular sport springs that come in our handling pack. The ultra light springs will still match well to our Pro-Action shocks and struts in that pack. I've personally taken many calls owners of FRPP springs who wanted better ride quality and I've put them into the Ultra-lite springs and all have been very happy with the ride quality improvement.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Thats steedagus I have a question I did the install on my 01 GT with the Steeda Sport Springs and the X2 Ball Joints along with Bilstien show and struts which I did the Shock and Strut install just over a year ago. What else might soften the ride up I dont kno its just like when I het some bumps or cracks in the road I can feel it with the bumps its like my car wants to jump over them! Anything else to get the car more grippy also? Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Oh and I forgot for my 10 GT Do you have a recommendation of what will ride better than the track pack GT's and handle awesome? I do alot of HWY Driving! Thanks