Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro System Plus

Old 02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
jpalmer

Default Eibach Pro System Plus

So is anyone running this setup on their s197? If so, what do you think? I'm looking to improve my handling and my cars looks. I see that the Steeda springs are highly recommended, but I honestly would like a slightly lower drop. I'm also debating whether or not to go with a full coilover kit (such as Eibach's or Steedas)? What are y'alls thoughts....
Old 02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Others will probably disagree stating that coilovers are nice but not required, which is very true but I wish I'd originally purchased a coilover setup. A good damper/spring setup works fine but I'm still kicking myself for not going coilover when I could swing it financially. I've swapped 3 different sets of springs in and out of the car and am now looking at a long road trip and have swapped the stock springs back in temporarily. I could have easily swapped out the small coilover springs or simply adjusted the collars to provide more travel range for ride control. I'd say go with a coil-over setup if you can afford it.

Which brand of coil-over I won't personally recommend. I was looking at the H&R lower-end setup and have heard some negative things since then. Sam Strano would be able to point you in that direction.

I currently run Steeda ultralite springs and Tokico d-spec dampers on nearly the softest setting for daily duty. I've been pestering Sam for some Koni Sport dampers (better rebound control over the Tokicos) for months but they are currently unavailable.

Once you spring for shocks/struts, springs and upper strut mount/camber plates or camber bolts you're approaching the cost of the lower-end coil-over setups with camber adjustment plates included.