Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Follow up to my "FRPP Springs"... [56k warning]

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Default Follow up to my "FRPP Springs"... [56k warning]

**Note: Read here for the previous story.

Quick summary of previous thread:
Bought "FRPP M-5300-N" springs from streetsideauto.com, installed on car, car didn't even drop, contacted ford racing and streetsideauto and both don't know what is going on.
__

So before streetsideauto gives me an RMA # and return label for returning the springs, but then they retract the return label because the springs are considered "used". They gave my some bullsh*t that the since the springs were installed on the car, I can no longer return them and that I should of KNOWN the springs were faulty before installing..

After a pretty furious conversation with their customer service rep, I asked to speak to their manager. I explained the situation to him and he told me to take pictures of the springs so they could work it out with fordracing.

Well, here are the pictures of these "lowering springs" they sent me...

The goddamn "lowering spring" they sent me are TALLER than my OEM springs! What kind of company advertises faulty FRPP springs and refuses to take them back?

I'm going to contact Ford Racing again and see what they want me to do with the springs, because they said they could take the springs in and inspect them.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Wow! That is crazy, I wonder if they are fake clones? My FRPP k springs lowered my car very nicely!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Good luck man. Thats a huge load of BS right there! I'd be pissed if I put springs on my car then had to turn around and take them off.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
peetiewonder
2nd Gear Member

me smells the fake springs.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I hate these rip-off artist...POS dealers! I also bought ripp-off springs before, now I only deal with reputable dealers. Dispute your credit card transaction, keep track of all correspondence, use email.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Well streetsideauto emailed me saying tough luck, they are not going to take back the springs because Ford verified the part number...

I contacted Ford racing and they were feeding some bs that even if the height of the spring was taller it should still drop because every vehicle is different or some bs. They said they would talk to a mechanic... I called them over 12 hours ago and got no response from them...

I can't dispute my credit card because I used my wells Fargo visa debit card.... I feel so ****ty right now. I just wasted $200 on these springs and no one is taking damn responsibility.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

The relative length of the springs in a static uncompressed state is not always a good indication of their compressed/loaded length.

However, I don't doubt your results that those springs did not perform as advertised, which is to drop your ride height by 1.5". Perhaps the spring manufacturer mis-labeled some Mustang GT or GT500 springs for V6 springs ... just a thought.

Last edited by 6-Speed; 04-19-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Stormracer
1st Gear Member

Default Word of Mouth Advertising, NOT!

Well maybe memebers here can start a email campaign to streetsideauto to let them know the "level of their customer service and obvious lack of desire to stand behind what they sell". If enough Mustang folks email them to state that after seeing what they did to you, that the word is being passed not to order anything from them! Maybe this might change their customer satisfaction desire!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Stormracer
1st Gear Member

Default I sent my email!

Originally Posted by Stormracer
Well maybe memebers here can start a email campaign to streetsideauto to let them know the "level of their customer service and obvious lack of desire to stand behind what they sell". If enough Mustang folks email them to state that after seeing what they did to you, that the word is being passed not to order anything from them! Maybe this might change their customer satisfaction desire!
Here is my email to them!

I see from the forum that a fellow mustang member had ordered "FRPP lowering springs that were obvisouly incorrect regardless of the part number, as the physical aspect of these springs were not correct. Since you do not stand behind your products and customers I myself will certainly never order from your company. I will advise any other car buff that I know, and I know a lot also not to use your company. The price that you are out for those springs is trivial in relation to having a happy customer!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Just a question and I am sorry if this was asked before, but did you pre-load the suspension before tightening everything down? If not it can cause binding and make the car rest higher?

Quick Reply: Follow up to my "FRPP Springs"... [56k warning]