Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Brembo GT vs. M3--the video..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Default Brembo GT vs. M3--the video..

And here's the video of the laps. You can plainly see the movement and lack of set the Mustang has vs. the M3.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

Pay particular attention to what Randy says @ 7:20-7:25, that sums it up.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Sam

Thanks for posting this.

So with a set of Koni Yellows and the right springs the GT should easily beat the M3!

Last edited by Sleeper_08; 08-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The loser is the M3 IMO.
A 10th of a second advantage is a joke for $25K more, sorry.
That car (S197 platform) has been kicking **** in Europe with the 5.0 Cammer so the civilized version of that can only be a winner.
All it needs is better shocks and springs. Done

I hope the 2011 brings you the same success Sam.
It might make your Shelby being the grocery getter, lol.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

Great video to watch - its always refreshing to read/hear Randy's clear, unbiased and objective comments, quite a contrast compared to guys like Jeremy Clarkson and some of the EVO or Fith Gear staff. Not to mention that he is actually a professional racer with an incredible resume, something those other guys can't claim.

The 2011's I've been on the track with thus far are very impressive. Sure wish I could try one out, or even take a few laps from the shotgun seat.

I'm heading over to bimmerforum, it ought to be funny listening to those guys trying to rationalize their 25K premium...LOL.

Thanks for posting this Sam.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:12 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

I think we should all be satisfied with our automovitve investment. No doubting that Ford has put together a good machine.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

The '11 Boss 302 will more than likely be faster around that track and it's sure to be an awesome car. I'm no fan boy but that still doesn't make it an M3. The price hike may seem high to all of us but there's no denying the difference. They're similar cars going about their business in different ways. I love the new GT but that isn't to say I'd choose it if money was no object and my choice was between the two. Before you **** talk the 'Bimmer go and drive it. If you're a purist you'll understand...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:46 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

I think we all still have great respect for the M3; if not just bc of its performance, just its styling and appearance... its gorgeous. and many of us agree, we would take an M3 over our stangs if money was no object.

I think what we are trying to say is that it seems a little out of place that an M3 is being compared to a mustang in the first place. based on engine and body type they are considered in the same class and with that in mind most would expect the M3 to blow the mustang away; its logical. its a fine tuned, German built, expensive peformance car. why shouldnt it destroy the mustang? but it didnt. thats where we are coming from with the crap talk i believe.

I guess this could easily start a back and forth, lol... not what im going for and i cant speak for everyone. Its just nice to see that our cars are now being compared to other cars that have always been so far ahead.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidas04
I think we all still have great respect for the M3; if not just bc of its performance, just its styling and appearance... its gorgeous. and many of us agree, we would take an M3 over our stangs if money was no object.

I think what we are trying to say is that it seems a little out of place that an M3 is being compared to a mustang in the first place. based on engine and body type they are considered in the same class and with that in mind most would expect the M3 to blow the mustang away; its logical. its a fine tuned, German built, expensive peformance car. why shouldnt it destroy the mustang? but it didnt. thats where we are coming from with the crap talk i believe.

I guess this could easily start a back and forth, lol... not what im going for and i cant speak for everyone. Its just nice to see that our cars are now being compared to other cars that have always been so far ahead.
No back and forth, no worries there Just because two cars shape up comparibly on paper doesn't necessarily mean they belong in the same class. That was a performance test and that only. Let us not forget about creature comforts/build quality and all the other things that go into making a car a legend. The '11 may be just that for Ford. I'm a fan already
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Agreed that it was just a "performance test" on a race track but that is what this forum is all about. When you are out on a lapping day chasing and catching Bimmers and Porsches creature comforts don't count for much.

The results are truly impressive especially when price is considered.

It will be really interesting to see what the Boss 302 is like on a track.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_08
Agreed that it was just a "performance test" on a race track but that is what this forum is all about. When you are out on a lapping day chasing and catching Bimmers and Porsches creature comforts don't count for much.

The results are truly impressive especially when price is considered.

It will be really interesting to see what the Boss 302 is like on a track.
Fair enough, I'm not arguing #'s just the fact that they are very different cars. $ buys niceities lol.

Quick Reply: Brembo GT vs. M3--the video..