Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Remove Just1Guy From This Forum?

Old 10-05-2010, 01:45 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Philostang
I would agree, but I think he's already been warned. If so, that clearly hasn't helped correct his approach.

I for one LOVE to see someone disagree with Sam - intelligently. That's because I learn more from those exchanges than from 95% of the crap on the internet. We all benefit from a good debate over theory and practical experience, regardless if you agree or disagree with any of the sides of a debate.

Yet that is simply not what Just1Guy offers. All I've seen from him are unsubstantiated allegations delivered in a hostile manner. There's zero technical substance to his posts.

If the moderator has already warned Just1Guy, then I see no reason to continue to allow him to disrupt the useful exchange of knowledge and experience. I vote to ban.

-j

And for the record, the notion that "Sam is a vendor so he's inherently untrustworthy" is just false. I don't always agree with everything Sam says (at least as it pertains to what is best for me), I've gone against his recommendations, and I've spent MORE money as a result. One of the striking features of his customer service is that he'll steer you away from needless spending if he can. Sam is a business man (on top of other things) so he needs to turn a profit, but I'm pretty sure his business model is premised in large part on repeat customers and a widening client base that spreads by word of mouth. Making a quick one-time-sale sort of profit doesn't seem to be part of the equation. He could have made a lot more money off of me the first time we did business, but he "gently" (in that Sam-style way) asked me to reconsider my real needs. I saved a lot of money, and Sam gets whatever business I can give him.
This ^

Not only did Sam turn me away from higher priced options, he took into account how I use my car and offered a counter-solution that was at a lower cost. Now why would someone do that unless they were really trying to help?

I was planning on going full blown adj konis with comp springs and sway bar kit. More than happy with just an adj panhard with roto-joints and a koni str.t and steed sport setup. And I saved a crap load of money.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Sam's insight on things is invaluable IMO. I look forward to his responses on posts. While I hate to 'ban' anyone from a public forum, and thats what this is, I have to admit just1guy seems to have some agenda other than just worthwhile discussion. I wouldn't agree with a ban. Most of the time if you just ignore people they eventually go away . I think Sam's been pretty graceful and reserved with his responses to personal attacks. I've seen him go off on people in posts on other forums and I don't think just1guy wants to get in a pissing match with him lol.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:08 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

I loves me a good internet fight
Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 PM
steelcomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Just1Guy
One would think that attempting to “unmask” a vendor and show them for what they really are would be considered EXTREEMLY valuable?

Unless of course you just don’t want to hear it……
What's your real name? Who are you, and who are you with? It's hard to give anyone any credibility when they're hiding behind a screen name or alias. You'll notice most of the business guys here, or anyone with any credibility has their real name in full view, with nothing to hide. It's hard to believe you have anything worth while to hear. Maybe you do? You're going to have to find a better approach.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

OK guys,
I just put "Just1Guy" on time out for a few days...

I asked of this before and remind you again to PM either Matt or I (or any other S197 Mods), when members go out of wack like this guy is.
We'll be aware of problems sooner this way and take actions quickly.

There's no need to make a thread about idiots ranting or spammers etc... So I'm locking this
PM us since we can't catch everything right of way...
We do have jobs ya know.