Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:01 AM
BrunoFrog

Default Suspension Question

I have Steeda Sport Springs (1"); will the below work together on my 2011 GT Convertible? Should I add anything (e.g., adjustable banhard bar)? Is there a way to mitigate the rigidity issues associated with convertibles (i.e., add a light bar or roll bar)? I plan to use Koni Yellows w/Ford upper strut mounts. Additionally, I plan to put wheels - Super Snakes - on w/Nitto 3-season rubber. Thoughts/advice?

Steeda Competition Rear Upper 3rd Link - 05-12

Steeda Adjustable Swaybar Kit - 11-12

Steeda Bumpsteer Kits - 79-12

Steeda X5 Ball Joint - 05-10

I'm not devoted to Steeda, or any other company, just used their site to compile a list. I do like the springs but want the car to handle like a race car. Money is no object until my wife gets the bill
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I would suggest contacting Sam Strano at Strano Performance Parts if you want a car with race car handling. Best to call him and to wait until the 6th to call due to the SCCA schedule.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

So, you want the car to handle like a race car? I love it! Steeda and Griggs make some nice stuff. However, for less money I would recommend the H&R race springs and Koni dampers for starters. Steeda camber plates come next, followed by an adjustable panhard bar OR watts link.

Feel free to contact me for any other information.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM
JAJ
2nd Gear Member

I agree with SamsBlueGT's answer to your question. I had a longer list than yours, by quite a bit, and Sam's feedback was to start with a few key elements like the Koni's and then work from there to solve individual handling problems. I'm very pleased with the results, and I use my coupe for road-race track days, so I'm pretty demanding.

Originally Posted by BrunoFrog
I have Steeda Sport Springs (1"); will the below work together on my 2011 GT Convertible? Should I add anything (e.g., adjustable banhard bar)? Is there a way to mitigate the rigidity issues associated with convertibles (i.e., add a light bar or roll bar)? I plan to use Koni Yellows w/Ford upper strut mounts. Additionally, I plan to put wheels - Super Snakes - on w/Nitto 3-season rubber. Thoughts/advice?

Steeda Competition Rear Upper 3rd Link - 05-12

Steeda Adjustable Swaybar Kit - 11-12

Steeda Bumpsteer Kits - 79-12

Steeda X5 Ball Joint - 05-10

I'm not devoted to Steeda, or any other company, just used their site to compile a list. I do like the springs but want the car to handle like a race car. Money is no object until my wife gets the bill
Old 06-04-2011, 04:38 PM
stepqhen
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
So, you want the car to handle like a race car? I love it! Steeda and Griggs make some nice stuff. However, for less money I would recommend the H&R race springs and Koni dampers for starters. Steeda camber plates come next, followed by an adjustable panhard bar OR watts link.

Feel free to contact me for any other information.
I had the H&R Super Sport springs on my 97 Cobra and I loved them, it was a daily driver and autocross car. They were progressive so there was just enough complaiance to not jar your teeth loose every day, but still there when you needed them. I second talking to Sam and and then actually buying stuff from him. he helped me get my car ready for this season in F-Stock and I am very happy with it.