Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

tokico adjustment struts and shocks?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Default tokico adjustment struts and shocks?????

I have read the reviews about these and everyone seems to like them. I was wondering how many different adjustments are there and how easily are they adjusted. I was thinking u might have to drive the car up on some ramps and make the adjustments but not sure. Thats my question. Its not a big if thats the case. Do these really make a stang ride that much nicer. I mean it rides decent now. ANd how much will these help with the car at the drag stip. Thanks guys for any info u can provide
Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

If you are talking about the Tokico D Spec then adjustment is at the top of the shock/strut with a tool they supply. Provided you don't have the 1000 watt stereo then it takes less than 5 minutes to adjust all 4.

I, and some others in this forum, originally put D Specs on my car and have now put adjustable Koni Yellows/Sports on the car. If you can afford them get the Konis.

The most noticeable improvement is that the Koni's are less "harsh" which you notice most on the rear end.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:27 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Thx man
Old 10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I sell both. Here's the deal. I prefer the Koni Sport to the D-specs. Having said that, the D-specs don't suck, and are a good alternative. Also I happen to have a few available where the front Koni's are perpetually on backorder, and the D-specs cost about $120 less for the set too.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I sell both. Here's the deal. I prefer the Koni Sport to the D-specs. Having said that, the D-specs don't suck, and are a good alternative. Also I happen to have a few available where the front Koni's are perpetually on backorder, and the D-specs cost about $120 less for the set too.
Are the koni's a good option for the track as far as when u take off in the car there isnt so much roll from front to back. And for the street are they going to be a better ride than stock or stiffer. Is there any real need to change out the stockers for koni's just for the occasional trip the 1/4 mile track. I may try to get into some bracket racing but only 1 or 2 a year.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:45 AM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Are the koni's a good option for the track as far as when u take off in the car there isnt so much roll from front to back. And for the street are they going to be a better ride than stock or stiffer. Is there any real need to change out the stockers for koni's just for the occasional trip the 1/4 mile track. I may try to get into some bracket racing but only 1 or 2 a year.
Of course they are going to be better than stock, they are adjustable for many different situations. Plus, any shock that allows you to soften them up for a little drag racing is good in my opinion. Set em soft to plant some extra weight on the rear tires. In my opinion, for drag racing on a limited setup in a rear wheel drive car, you want some weight transfer to the back...helps with traction.

I can't speak on the Konis - and I know they are awesome - but my D-Specs have been a blessing in disguise for the price. Probably one of my best bang-for-the-buck mods.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
i think they make some shocks specifically for drag racing. i wouldnt say that its worth the money to buy konis for drag racing, but if you ever discover you like twisties it is easily the best mod i have done to my car