Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-system plus vs. Koni Str.t/Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
devildog1679
1st Gear Member

Question Eibach Pro-system plus vs. Koni Str.t/Steeda

So I知 looking to upgrade my suspension in early spring, but I知 buying the parts during the winter. Spoke to Sam and he had some good recommendations. However, I just saw that the Eibach Pro-system plus is on sale for $899 (see link). Should I go with that kit or Sam痴 recommendation of Koni Str.t with Steeda sports($660) and one of his sway packages ($359-$499). I僧 looking at a $$ difference of any ware from $120 to $279. I would love to give him the biz but it comes down to $$ and best option. So what do you guys think?

I plan on talking to him tomorrow regarding this, he's the type of guy that would steer you in the right direction even if it doesn't benefit him.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...stem-1112.html

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...225&ModelID=35
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...200&ModelID=35
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Sam's recommendations, definitely. The Koni's are the way to go and Sam's bars are way superior to what comes with the Eibach kit. It's definitely worth the extra money if you can swing it.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:16 AM
devildog1679
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackBetty
Sam's recommendations, definitely. The Koni's are the way to go and Sam's bars are way superior to what comes with the Eibach kit. It's definitely worth the extra money if you can swing it.
What makes his better? The fact that they are tubular? I'll probably drop him a line today. I guess you have to pay to play.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:10 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Tubular is definitely one of the plusses. They are also both 3-way adjustable, which is key because swaybars are an excellent way to tune chassis balance. I'm sure Sam also designed them with rates that work well with the chassis and with the Koni/Steeda spring combo.

"Pay to play" is right.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
devildog1679
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackBetty
Tubular is definitely one of the plusses. They are also both 3-way adjustable, which is key because swaybars are an excellent way to tune chassis balance. I'm sure Sam also designed them with rates that work well with the chassis and with the Koni/Steeda spring combo.

"Pay to play" is right.
Yea, I think I知 going with him and dropping the extra $200. He was very helpful over the phone.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hey, devildog!

Sam Strano is the man and as a multi-time national SCCA champion, what he says, goes. Talk to him and see what he thinks.

Obviously, the Eibach kit is very good and I would not in any way be disappointed if I had to "settle" for it. The sway-bars are also 3-way adjustable in the Eibach kit and will offer you a great improvement in driving experience/cornering ability. If you can save some money and put it towards something else and still get a great improvement, I'd say go with the Eibachs!

Either way you will not be disappointed in the least! Good luck!

Happy Holidays!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

Let me address this point by point.

1. I sell the Pro System Plus. I always have it for $940. Is that more than the sale price you found? Yes. But I always try and price things fair all the time, which is why that's my all the time price.

2. If I though that was a better solution, I'd have recommended it. One of the very hard parts of my job is getting folks to understand that value isn't just price, it's the quality of the package you are getting for that price.

3. Eibach still shows that kit with a solid, non-adjustable rear bar. While they are dabbling with an adjustable rear bar, and have a part number for a kit with it (which is more money) it's pretty scarce. Also, I think they just decided to join that game, and the rear bar is the same kind of setup mine is. But I offer 3 different rear bars (all adjustable) giving you more options. Also my bars aren't "new" we've been doing them a few years now.

4. Warranty on the dampers. Koni STR.T have a lifetime warranty, the Eibach dampers do not.

5. Springs. I feel the Pro-kit are stiffer than necessary, and the Steeda Sports handle just as well on good roads, but ride better and handle better on rough roads (where winter does a job on them).

6. I'm going my best to get more parts, and new parts up on the website. But it's hard when I work alone, trying to fit it in between paperwork, shipping, tech calls, orders, etc. so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ask me if you have questions. Again, I sell Eibach (and lots of other stuff) if you want to go another way.

7. All that said, I made the best recommendation I could based on the information given.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM
devildog1679
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Let me address this point by point.

1. I sell the Pro System Plus. I always have it for $940. Is that more than the sale price you found? Yes. But I always try and price things fair all the time, which is why that's my all the time price.

2. If I though that was a better solution, I'd have recommended it. One of the very hard parts of my job is getting folks to understand that value isn't just price, it's the quality of the package you are getting for that price.

3. Eibach still shows that kit with a solid, non-adjustable rear bar. While they are dabbling with an adjustable rear bar, and have a part number for a kit with it (which is more money) it's pretty scarce. Also, I think they just decided to join that game, and the rear bar is the same kind of setup mine is. But I offer 3 different rear bars (all adjustable) giving you more options. Also my bars aren't "new" we've been doing them a few years now.

4. Warranty on the dampers. Koni STR.T have a lifetime warranty, the Eibach dampers do not.

5. Springs. I feel the Pro-kit are stiffer than necessary, and the Steeda Sports handle just as well on good roads, but ride better and handle better on rough roads (where winter does a job on them).

6. I'm going my best to get more parts, and new parts up on the website. But it's hard when I work alone, trying to fit it in between paperwork, shipping, tech calls, orders, etc. so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ask me if you have questions. Again, I sell Eibach (and lots of other stuff) if you want to go another way.

7. All that said, I made the best recommendation I could based on the information given.
Sam,

Your recommendation was well taken. I also like to do more research on my own, its a learning experiance for me as well. After looking around I decided that your route is best. I'll be calling you on friday as I have a few questions. Thanks
Old 11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'll be in and out today. I have an alignment to do on a customer's car, but also have to get some front hubs on it first since they are way trashed and that'll screw the alignment up badly. And seeing as he is from 8 hours away I need to get it done right before he picks the car up.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:44 AM
devildog1679
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'll be in and out today. I have an alignment to do on a customer's car, but also have to get some front hubs on it first since they are way trashed and that'll screw the alignment up badly. And seeing as he is from 8 hours away I need to get it done right before he picks the car up.
NP, I have a 3 year old and a 2 month to watch since the wife went shopping

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-system plus vs. Koni Str.t/Steeda