Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit Info? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Post Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit Info? Help?

I know a good amount regarding engine and transmission type of mods. As well as aesthetic improvement, but do not really know a whole lot in the realm of suspension. All I know is my stang can not turn for its life, and my dad's Porsche hugs the road like it is its job. Now I do understand I wont get anywhere near the tightness of a Porsche around turns, BUT I want to improve my stangs handling at the same time of not losing too much ride quality, as it is my daily driver. I was looking at the Eibach Pro-System-Plus Suspension Kit for the 05-09 GT.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html
I know in a general sense Eibach is a good manufacturer, but Im trying to figure out that if I want better handling while keeping close to same ride quality... Will this get me there? Ball park range I could get the kit for 900 and installed for 500, so a total of $1400 set and done. Does anyone have this kit on their car or can give insight or information regarding it or others? It would help immensely on my decision to do something like this.

Last edited by Shift; 05-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Great Kit, Comfort of ride is not really changed, it's more rigid certainly (sway bars will do that) - the kit completely installed is 'wanting' for better LCA's as well (That I also did). Solid, rigid, corners like on rails, still a very comfortable ride for long trips (1 under the belt so far since suspension package, I didn't even blink or consider it harsher once I got to my destination).

Not adjustable as Koni yellows are, however in the 6+ years of having koni yellows on a previous car, I adjusted them all of twice.. (sounds good on paper, but in reality?)

Knowing what I do now - I'd do it all again just as I did. My butt is not pampered, I 'like' the road-to-wheel feeling it gives, without the harsh ride. Rear lift on brake stand? Gone. Body roll? Gone, unless I'm drifting on purpose, and then sure enough roll for you to realize you are going sideways, at least.

This video sold me essentially.
http://performance-suspension.eibach...est_comparison
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
2008Vert
2nd Gear Member

Well I don't know that I can be of any help yet,but I just couldn't come up with the cash for the entire kit. I have the front and rear bars and strut tower brace on order for my 08 convertible. They are supposed to be delivered Thursday(10th).

I will certainly post the results when I get the bars installed but keep in mind that I have the base car that has no rear bar or strut brace at all.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

I would have gone with springs, shocks and struts before sway bars for similar dollars (depending on brand)... The lowering and bouncers would have a lot more positive effects in all areas versus the limited "issues" the sways will
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
2008Vert
2nd Gear Member

I guess I should have said that I have the Eibach bars coming for my car. Which was my whole reason for posting.

I didn't go with the struts and springs because I am not so sure I want to lower my car. I have considered it but have pretty much decided that I will get 18 inch wheels and tires next before deciding on anything else.

If I find that I do want to go new springs and struts I will probably go with adjustable coilovers. But that is IF I even decide to do it.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
I know a good amount regarding engine and transmission type of mods. As well as aesthetic improvement, but do not really know a whole lot in the realm of suspension. All I know is my stang can not turn for its life, and my dad's Porsche hugs the road like it is its job. Now I do understand I wont get anywhere near the tightness of a Porsche around turns, BUT I want to improve my stangs handling at the same time of not losing too much ride quality, as it is my daily driver. I was looking at the Eibach Pro-System-Plus Suspension Kit for the 05-09 GT.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...em-0510gt.html
I know in a general sense Eibach is a good manufacturer, but Im trying to figure out that if I want better handling while keeping close to same ride quality... Will this get me there? Ball park range I could get the kit for 900 and installed for 500, so a total of $1400 set and done. Does anyone have this kit on their car or can give insight or information regarding it or others? It would help immensely on my decision to do something like this.
Like JV said, that is actually a great combo. Personally, I'd rather run the Koni Yellows than the Eibach dampeners, but unless your dad's in a 997TT, your car should be able to keep up with a typical 911 with just the Eibach kit and a GOOD set of wheels & tires.

And yes, a good set of control arms and an adjustable panhard bar are conspicuously absent from that package. Here's what I'd recommend:

LCAs:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

UCA & Mount:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...-mount-05.html

Panhard Bar:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html
Old 05-12-2012, 03:29 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Sharad I had a long laundry list of stuff I had planned to get from you guys (you gave me advice on day 1 when I came here) but I had to hit another vendor for a super special deal on the pro plus over the holiday season, which I had to take advantage of. (sorry bud!) Still thank you much for your input it matched what I'd been thinking as well at the time. (Different cars make different parts but it all translates eventually..). Getting used to the excellent SRA from a good IRS and the parts involved took a few weeks of reading and comparing.

UCA's are still on my shortlist, I'm just not sure if I need them if I'm not doing dragstrip duty, and not a GT (some autocross yes - not the autox cones..). I was thinking ball joints would be a better situation for me now at this point - what do you think? (UCA's still, or upgraded ball joints for better road feel, or both?)

Old 05-12-2012, 04:54 PM
2008Vert
2nd Gear Member

Well I got my rear Eibach sway bar and strut brace installed today (haven't gotten the front bar installed yet) and the difference is like night and day.

The car drives like a whole different car. MUCH flatter around turns, steering is very responsive. Well worth the money. I spent 400 for the Eibach bars and strut tower brace.

So far it's great and I haven't installed the front bar.

I thought I was going to go to 18 inch wheels and tires but there is absolutely no need. Just a good set of tires on my 16's and it will do all I need it to do.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Sharad I had a long laundry list of stuff I had planned to get from you guys (you gave me advice on day 1 when I came here) but I had to hit another vendor for a super special deal on the pro plus over the holiday season, which I had to take advantage of. (sorry bud!) Still thank you much for your input it matched what I'd been thinking as well at the time. (Different cars make different parts but it all translates eventually..). Getting used to the excellent SRA from a good IRS and the parts involved took a few weeks of reading and comparing.

UCA's are still on my shortlist, I'm just not sure if I need them if I'm not doing dragstrip duty, and not a GT (some autocross yes - not the autox cones..). I was thinking ball joints would be a better situation for me now at this point - what do you think? (UCA's still, or upgraded ball joints for better road feel, or both?)

Im sure Sharad will say otherwise but I would say no unless you are running a one piece driveshaft or have some noise associated with pinion angle. I am sure it helps with feel and maybe even a little forward bite but for a DD car it is probably a bit much.

I autocross like its a religion and it will be one of the last mods I do for one major reason. Poly bushing UCA is all I can go to and I am worried about the added wear and tear on the differential rubber bushing getting wrecked since it would become the primary source of compliance. Sherical bushings are prohibited pretty much everywhere in my class except an axle lateral locating device and the swaybar endlinks. Running poly/poly is a recipe for axle bind and I would rather not deal with replacing the factory rubber bushing after a season of thrashing it every year so stock UCA for me.

IMO I would save the money and apply it elsewhere. If you decide to get more serious about autocrossing I would go for a Watts long before any control arms. Again, that is in my (not worth much) opinion.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Like JV said, that is actually a great combo. Personally, I'd rather run the Koni Yellows than the Eibach dampeners, but unless your dad's in a 997TT, your car should be able to keep up with a typical 911 with just the Eibach kit and a GOOD set of wheels & tires.

And yes, a good set of control arms and an adjustable panhard bar are conspicuously absent from that package. Here's what I'd recommend:

LCAs:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

UCA & Mount:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...-mount-05.html

Panhard Bar:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-p...rd-bar-05.html
The pops has a 2006 Boxster S. Tiny thing and it can turn! I have Nitto NT555 front and back on the car. 18" rims. 275/40/ZR18 size of tires front and back.

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit Info? Help?