Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Ford Racing package vs Eibach package

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Racing package vs Eibach package

So, as I'm looking at suspension packages (shocks struts springs and sway bars) I have noticed that the Eibach package comes with the same amount of stuff, but is $300 cheaper than the Ford racing kit. I know "you get what you pay for" but is the extra money just paying for the name? Anyone have any experience with either?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I could be wrong, but I believe the Ford Racing suspension upgrades are Eibach, the springs anyway.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

For what it's worth, Eibach is a very reputable company. I'd feel comfortable spending my money on either. That being said I'd probably go with the Eibach set, as the drop is an half inch more if I remember correctly if you go with the pro kit set, where the FRPP comes with P springs as opposed to K? Can't remember right now...

Can't go wrong either way!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

I would go with the Eibach kit, as said above they're a very reputable company. I feel like "Ford Racing" likes to jack their prices up...
Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Ooooh, lowers the car 1.5 inch for Eibach? Hmm, not sure the front of my car would like me very much anymore where I live...
Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 AM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

As someone with the FRPP kit and has never been in a car with the Eibach kit, I'd go with the Eibach.

People seem to love the Eibach around here and it's pretty much the standard. The 1.5" drop looks better then the 1" drop imo. I've only put about 300 miles on the FRPP kit but it's more bouncy then I would have expected from a kit like this.

The FRPP kit gave me a -1.3 camber and I can't tell visually if it needs an adjustable panhard or not. Also no need to replace the strut mounts on a '13. I don't know if the Eibach needs them or not.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 AM
snicksnipa
1st Gear Member

Go with Eibach, I went for the the same kit but with sportline springs (2in vs 1in drop) and the quality is great and I can't imagine my car handling any better!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snicksnipa
Go with Eibach, I went for the the same kit but with sportline springs (2in vs 1in drop) and the quality is great and I can't imagine my car handling any better!
It looks like you have a chin spoiler too. How does your car handle the curbs and such?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Both use progressive springs so both should be avoided. Look for straight weight springs if you intend to push the cars handling on either autocross or road course track day.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
. . . if you intend to push the cars handling on either autocross or road course track day.
Key thought there, Vankor - just what kind of use/abuse do you have planned for the car?

There are other options that are almost common enough to be considered "kits" even though you may have to do a little more work putting it all together at ordering time. (Koni yellows or possibly STRt's, Steeda Sport springs, and Strano adjustable stabilizer bars are a couple other ways to go).

You might want to give Sam Strano (a site sponsor, BTW) a call. FWIW, both the rear and the front Strano bars are 3-way adjustable.

Miscellaneous notes . . .

The lower you go, the more likely you'll need other supporting mods - such as an adjustable PHB for axle re-centering, or camber plates or Steeda HD strut mounts (they're adjustable for camber, and no, I won't endorse most of the common "camber bolts" as a choice here).

Norm

Quick Reply: Ford Racing package vs Eibach package