Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Thank you Sam Strano

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Default Thank you Sam Strano

Hello all,

Let me start by saying, if you have been following all my recent suspension threads, there has been very good in depth discussions on which springs, shocks, strut mounts, and sway bars to go with.

In brief I had decided to go with H&R race springs, Koni sports, Steeda HD mounts, and an adj. strano 1" rear sway bar only. I went ahead and placed the order with Sam.

After some phone tag, we were able to go over my order prior to finally deciding on what to get.

Sam Strano was incredibly knowledgeable, very nice, and listened. Our conversation lasted about 30 min. In the end, I realized that I would have been very unhappy had I purchased the above items as they are not the combination that would suite my goals best. I completely changed which components I am getting.

Sam Strano is not a brand loyalist, he recommends parts that will match an individuals goals. He also is not pushy in any way, and actually suggested cheaper alternatives, again based on the goals I have for my car.

I am confident, had I ordered these above parts from other bigger vendors, that no one would have called me to go over everything and make sure I understood what I was getting and how the car would perform.

I guarantee that any potential savings that could be made by shopping around and buying from the cheapest vendor is not worth the piece of mind in knowing you are making a good decision and that you will get want you want out of the car.

Thank you Sam Strano, this forum and the mustang enthusiast community is lucky to have a small business owner who cares and takes the time with his customers.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UrS4
Hello all,

Let me start by saying, if you have been following all my recent suspension threads, there has been very good in depth discussions on which springs, shocks, strut mounts, and sway bars to go with.

In brief I had decided to go with H&R race springs, Koni sports, Steeda HD mounts, and an adj. strano 1" rear sway bar only. I went ahead and placed the order with Sam.

After some phone tag, we were able to go over my order prior to finally deciding on what to get.

Sam Strano was incredibly knowledgeable, very nice, and listened. Our conversation lasted about 30 min. In the end, I realized that I would have been very unhappy had I purchased the above items as they are not the combination that would suite my goals best. I completely changed which components I am getting.

Sam Strano is not a brand loyalist, he recommends parts that will match an individuals goals. He also is not pushy in any way, and actually suggested cheaper alternatives, again based on the goals I have for my car.

I am confident, had I ordered these above parts from other bigger vendors, that no one would have called me to go over everything and make sure I understood what I was getting and how the car would perform.

I guarantee that any potential savings that could be made by shopping around and buying from the cheapest vendor is not worth the piece of mind in knowing you are making a good decision and that you will get want you want out of the car.

Thank you Sam Strano, this forum and the mustang enthusiast community is lucky to have a small business owner who cares and takes the time with his customers.
What'd you end up going with?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
What'd you end up going with?
Yeah, I'm wondering too...

Don
Old 09-14-2012, 09:03 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

You would think with over 1,000 posts this guy would know what we really want, 1. Mustang **** and 2. a parts list. Haha. Come on man, get with the program

Also, I agree with his statements about Strano completely. A nice guy and very knowledgeable about our cars and their handling. I still need to get sway bars from him..
Old 09-14-2012, 01:41 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

MM CC plates
Steeda Ultralites
Koni STR.T
Strano adj tubular sway bars F and R
Old 09-18-2012, 03:54 AM
Hans_Gruber

MM CC plates
Steeda Ultralites
Koni STR.T
Strano adj tubular sway bars F and R
Nice setup! Just out of curiosity, why did you get the ultralites instead of the sports? Both seem to be good, not sure of the difference.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Ultralites sit lower than the sports so that is probably why he chose them.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

Also, per Sam, the ultralites have a higher spring rate than the sports, despite what was previously listed on this forum.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 PM
silverstang23
2nd Gear Member

Hello all,

+1

I just orders v3s from Sam last week. Great guy. Extremely knowledgeable. As you said, I probably could have found a cheaper price but I knew exactly what I was getting from Sam and what it would do to help achieve my goals. Thanks Sam