Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Anybody buy the FRHP suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Danno-23

Default Anybody buy the FRHP suspension kit?

Looking for a deal on some suspension for my virgin GT.
I participate in Autoslalom (mostly with my SVT Contour) but this year it will be mainly the mustang. Ideally I want fully adjustable dampers, but I came across this deal at classic design concepts, selling basic Ford Racing dampers and springs for $325 for the kit.
Anybody know if this stuff is the Made In China nightmares that ebay has abundant quantities of? Or is it genuine Ford Racing parts? Any ideas on the kit being P-springs, or K-springs?
Most important question, any autoslalomers think this kit is sufficient?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Jay@Hypermotive
Former Sponsor

I would stay away from those dampers, just my opinion. You wanted adjustable but now are settling for FRPP non-adj dampers. Don't know what manufacturer made those ones for Ford. The Springs I think are P-springs, I deal a lot with CDC and I spoke to them about these some months back. I would pick up Koni STR.T before those for a little more.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Danno-23
Looking for a deal on some suspension for my virgin GT.
I participate in Autoslalom (mostly with my SVT Contour) but this year it will be mainly the mustang. Ideally I want fully adjustable dampers, but I came across this deal at classic design concepts, selling basic Ford Racing dampers and springs for $325 for the kit.
Anybody know if this stuff is the Made In China nightmares that ebay has abundant quantities of? Or is it genuine Ford Racing parts? Any ideas on the kit being P-springs, or K-springs?
Most important question, any autoslalomers think this kit is sufficient?
If you're planning to race your '06, I'd look for a better setup. I'm running Koni Yellows on my '06 GT with UPR/Eibach Pro springs, and it handles great. There are some pics of my setup, including autocross pics here:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-package.html
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Danno-23

I know this is a month late, but thanks for the help.
You're right, I should spend a little more and get something adjustable. So I've decided on Koni Sports, with H&R Race springs. I was going to buy the Hotchkiss swaybar kit, but Strano says its overkill, so I'll settle for the Eibach f&r adjustable.

Why does it seem there is not much use of the H&R Race springs within this forum?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Why does it seem there is not much use of the H&R Race springs within this forum?
Offhand, I'd say it's because they're too stiff for those who only want their car lowered (and want it lowered by more than those springs claim). That's likely the majority of folks who buy aftermarket springs.

That they're variable rate makes them not the hot tip for the corner-carvers among us either. Linear rate springs behave a bit more predictably, which means more to this group of folks than a possibly softer rate at static ride height ever would. Never mind that neither you nor your car's dampers know where the spring rates actually transition.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 02-14-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

I agree variable rate springs promise much and deliver little good for posers.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I know this is a month late, but thanks for the help.
You're right, I should spend a little more and get something adjustable. So I've decided on Koni Sports, with H&R Race springs. I was going to buy the Hotchkiss swaybar kit, but Strano says its overkill, so I'll settle for the Eibach f&r adjustable.

No problem. And yeah, people don't often use the H&R Race springs because they're stiffer than most people like. But I don't base my preferences on "most people" either. You just have to find a combo that you like.