Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Got screwed by a shop - need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

If a shop every left my keys outside next to my car unattended I would flip ****. Hopefully everything works out for you. I would at least get my money back for the first time he put the parts on wrong if you can't get anything more.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Should have put the keys in your pocket and then asked where your keys were..
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Sam Strano
Former Sponsor

I'm sorry you are still having trouble... that sucks. It's hard to tell from the picture but it still looks like the plastic seats are missing to me.

On the up side, I'm glad I could help you make the car more enjoyable!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Complain to the local BBB, that may get his attention. Especially considering that Hawaii is kind of a captive market.

http://www.bbb.org/hawaii/business-r...hu-hi-14001764

http://www.bbb.org/hawaii/business-r...le-a-complaint
Old 04-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Cryptkeeper54

,Thanks for the replies. I really needed validation of my concerns from real mustang guys. I just filed a BBB complaint. I'll post results in this thread, but in all honesty, I'm not expecting too much. Unfortunately, justice doesn't always prevail in our great nation.

I have to bite my tongue everytime I see the picture of my car unattended. Owner took it way to personal when we argued about what the spring seat was. Apparently, he refers to the spring seat as something else. I emailed him pics and the steeda install guide. Just arrogance on his part not to listen to me. I think that may have been why he did what he did. Unbelievable.

Here is the crazy part which I am baffled at, I got belittled for posting on the local mustang forum. People saying I was ranting, crying and complaining. Unreal. A few people came to the shops defense. I even pointed them to this thread and only presented facts. My facts can't be any more clear, I even got the pics. Crazy. I rubbed people the wrong way on that forum with the truth. Weird.

Let's end on a positive note: a friend of a friend, a bonafide ford mechanic with years of experience, with aftermarket products as well, will take care of my car. It will be in good hands from now on. I initially didn't go to him because of his time constraints and my lack of cash money.

I'm a Steeda fanboy but always open to trying products from other reputable companies.

Name:  2013-03-06094346_zpsffe01287.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  99.1 KB

Last edited by Cryptkeeper54; 04-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

This was a simple job really...
Most private owners can do this right in their own driveway, lol.

Do those idiots even have a lift I wonder?

I always say to people to never take their car back to any shop that screws up this badly and this is why... It's still not right the second time and your car being outside with the keys in plain sight, takes the cake!!

I feel bad for you, especially knowing that you could tackle this yourself, have you had the time.
Go to local car shows and warn everybody of these clowns...
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Originally Posted by pascal
This was a simple job really...
Most private owners can do this right in their own driveway, lol.

Do those idiots even have a lift I wonder?

I always say to people to never take their car back to any shop that screws up this badly and this is why... It's still not right the second time and your car being outside with the keys in plain sight, takes the cake!!

I feel bad for you, especially knowing that you could tackle this yourself, have you had the time.
Go to local car shows and warn everybody of these clowns...
They have numerous lifts. A professonial shop albiet a bit dirty and dingy. In fact, they have somewhat of a cult following on my local mustang forum. One of the reasons I went to that shop. And after I presented my case, Peeps keep backing them up despite my hard evidence. I feel like its a twilight zone on that forum. No one even bothered to mention how messed up it was to leave my car unattended. In fact, I invited a particular moderator to reply in this thread as he continues to harrass me saying all I do is complain. I wonder how he will be greeted here.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cryptkeeper54
They have numerous lifts. A professonial shop albiet a bit dirty and dingy. In fact, they have somewhat of a cult following on my local mustang forum. One of the reasons I went to that shop. And after I presented my case, Peeps keep backing them up despite my hard evidence. I feel like its a twilight zone on that forum. No one even bothered to mention how messed up it was to leave my car unattended. In fact, I invited a particular moderator to reply in this thread as he continues to harrass me saying all I do is complain. I wonder how he will be greeted here.
dear crazy hawaiins (sp?) stop smoking/start taking your meds/stop drinking the water. this guy got screwed by this joke of a shop. you are all being stupid
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Cryptkeeper54

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I'm sorry you are still having trouble... that sucks. It's hard to tell from the picture but it still looks like the plastic seats are missing to me.

On the up side, I'm glad I could help you make the car more enjoyable!
Thanks Sam.

On a side note regarding your rear sway bar: idiotic me runs 20X11 rims cause I love the look. Anyways, not sure all aftermarket swaybars run the same route sam's does, but expect your rear rubber to rub on the sway bar from time to time. I just hope the wheel doesn't do the same. I'm guessing this is expected with my rims/tire set but I just got thrown off by the sight of it. Just a heads up to those reading this thread with 20x11s in the rear wanting to upgrade the rear swaybar.

And finally: my friend recently got a v6 2013, recaro and suspension package. Impressively fast or my car is just heavy as hell with my high end speakers (I'm ashamed to say, I was more into sounds and dynamated the crap out of my car. Its like my fat friend is riding shotgun all the time. Anyways, I still love my year better. IMO, just better looking. And Ford is making huge strides with their engines. Good stuff. Getting back to loving my car..... can't beat that.

Last edited by Cryptkeeper54; 04-08-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

I wouldnt call it crying. As far as ranting and complaining, idk what else you are suppose to do when after 3 visits the car isn't right and the keys are left outside next to it.

Quick Reply: Got screwed by a shop - need help!