Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Eibach or FRPP Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Default Eibach or FRPP Suspension?

Originally I had planned on getting the Adjustable FRPP Suspension kit until someone brought up a valid point. The FRPP and Eibach both replace about the same parts, but the Eibach springs are progressive all around while only two springs (I think the rears) of the FRPP are progressive. Because of this, the theory is that Eibach should perform better in all directions. However, you don't get the adjustable shocks with Eibach's pack (you have to buy adjustable shocks separately).

I mainly do Autocrosses and HPDE's, and am faced with the question, would it be better to go with the Adjustable FRPP or slap on the Eibach while getting adjustable shocks later on? What is everyone's opinion?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Here is my setup for autocross and HPDEs. It works really well:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-package.html

^^UPR Products suspension and Koni dampeners.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Since I already started this thread about suspension parts, I guess I would ask another question in it as well.

So my Panhard bar snapped this morning (or last night when I got home). I noticed something was up as soon as I pulled out of my driveway to go to work. The car wobbled like crazy when lateral force was applied. Good thing I work at a Ford lot. I have a picture of it snapped, but can't upload it now.

I'm having them put a stock one on it (warrantied) since I go out of town this weekend, but it is having me think about getting aftermarket ones later on. If I do, I know I'm going to replace the Panhard brace while I'm at it. There are already aftermarket lower rear control arms on it (previous owner left them on), but he kept the upper rear control arm to stock.

My question is, should I go ahead and get an aftermarket upper control arm, or will it make that big of a difference?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Boaisy
Since I already started this thread about suspension parts, I guess I would ask another question in it as well.

So my Panhard bar snapped this morning (or last night when I got home). I noticed something was up as soon as I pulled out of my driveway to go to work. The car wobbled like crazy when lateral force was applied. Good thing I work at a Ford lot. I have a picture of it snapped, but can't upload it now.

I'm having them put a stock one on it (warrantied) since I go out of town this weekend, but it is having me think about getting aftermarket ones later on. If I do, I know I'm going to replace the Panhard brace while I'm at it. There are already aftermarket lower rear control arms on it (previous owner left them on), but he kept the upper rear control arm to stock.

My question is, should I go ahead and get an aftermarket upper control arm, or will it make that big of a difference?

I ran UPR LCAs for about a year before I installed my UPR UCA. It made a noticeable difference right away. So I say YES!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I love my Eibach Pro springs they work great. Going to be doing the rest of the suspension with Eibach now.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Here is the snapped track bar:

Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
tezz

wow - thanks for the pic. I would have expected a break closer to the weld.