Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

J&M Camber Plates vs MM CC plates?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default J&M Camber Plates vs MM CC plates?

I am in the final stage of collecting all the needed parts to lower my 2005 GT. the last bit is the CC plates/upper strut mounts.

What is the better option to go with, the J&M Camber plates? or the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates? Ive read about both the good and bad with each part, I am just not sure what I exactly need.

I will be running
Ford Racing K Springs and Koni Srt1s (the orange/red struts)

my car is a street car, its not a race car, nor will it be anytime in the future, the nearest race track to me is several hours away. it still has the stock wheels/tire size for now, will be changign that out to 18x9 rims after tax return.

do I need the Max motorsports CC plates? or are they overkill for my needs? ive had MM products on my foxbody and they were awesome quality.

how is J&Ms quality?

I know you get what you pay for but that 150 ish price difference can help pay for some other parts, I plan to order the parts next week
Old 10-19-2013, 05:35 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

I have MM plates on my '12 (along with Konit STR.Ts). I'm perfectly happy with them.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I have MM plates on my '95 and they are great. How low are you planning on going? If you are going to stay within 1.5'' drop you could get away with using the GT500 mounts and save yourself a good bit of money.

Matthew
Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

MM plates on my 08 GT/CS, can not speak to the J&M, but the MM are excellent quality.

Name:  IMG_0576.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1692.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  109.7 KB
Old 10-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by Scott2

This is the 2nd picture I have seen with people having rubberbands on their CC plates during install. Is it for alignment purposes?

Matthew
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

im doing a 1.5 inch drop.

then going to go with an 18x9 inch rim with 255 tires. id go with 19s but replacement tires for 19 inch rims are crazy expensive everywhere I look
Old 10-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
This is the 2nd picture I have seen with people having rubberbands on their CC plates during install. Is it for alignment purposes?

Matthew

Per MM's instructions....

"The purpose of this rubber band is to hold the Stud Plates in position while installing the MM Caster/Camber Plates."
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by Shelty
im doing a 1.5 inch drop.

then going to go with an 18x9 inch rim with 255 tires. id go with 19s but replacement tires for 19 inch rims are crazy expensive everywhere I look
Then I would go with MM. They are a proven company, with a great rep., who stands behind their products. Also you can check out their websites "Garage sale" section. Last time I checked there was a set of S197 (I know you have a Fox) CC plates on sale because they were used for fitment purposes and now they cannot be sold as new. You might find a cheaper set for sale for your Fox there.

And thats the same reason I didnt get 19's either. Do damn expensive.

Matthew
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by Murphdog
Per MM's instructions....

"The purpose of this rubber band is to hold the Stud Plates in position while installing the MM Caster/Camber Plates."
huh. That simple. And here I thought I was being all smart and stuff...
Old 10-21-2013, 02:39 AM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
MM plates on my 08 GT/CS, can not speak to the J&M, but the MM are excellent quality.

Do you have your camber plates on backwards? From the picture it looks like your castor adjustment plate is towards the firewall and not the front of the car as I saw in the instructions for the MM plates. I saw that there are two holes in the tower mounting area so I'm guessing that your alignment guy or gal was able to align the car but I installed my castor adjustment plates facing the front of the car. And I do like my MM plates. I just had issue with them getting out of line with the stock upper perch when I torqued the locking nut down one time and had to re-install the ball bearings. But I got it fixed and haven't had any problems with them.

Quick Reply: J&M Camber Plates vs MM CC plates?