Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Q's on Shelby GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default Q's on Shelby GT

So far I am tryingto decide if I should buy a 2008RoushMustang or a 2008 Shelby GT (probably around march, and I can get the SGT for invoice price), but I would like to ask a couple questions on them.

1. I read on here, you can have a paxton supercharger installed by Shelby, do you have to have that done before your get your car? and does this change the 100% Shelby status?
2. On ShelbyAutos.Com they sell shorty headers, can Shelby install these too? how about all the parts on the shelby website?

I took one for a test drive (it was actually the dealer, cause I'm not use to driving stick, and dont want to mess anything up)a couple days ago, and I must say it was great.

you guys have a real nice car.

oh and as far as the roush goes,I really dont want the roush as much as the SGT and I'd have to pay a couple grand more for it, but comes with a suercharger, alot more performance parts, and warranty on all of it.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Q's on Shelby GT

you can have either a paxton novi 1200 or a whipple installed at shelbys place in vegas, but then you have to get the car home deliverd, the dealers cannot accept it with teh charger. if done at shelby you will get new side stripes installed that say Shelby GT/SC. you do not have to do any mods before you get teh car, but its more authentic if you do. you can always send your car to shelby later on for authentic shelby parts, and if you want a charger they will change the stripes and make it an offical GT/SC. my car is going into the mod shop late next week, with 4-6 days of being built before delievery. im having the intercooled novi 1200, 20x9 black razors, big baer brakes, supercharged guage cluster, brake ducts/lower fogs and some billet accesories. i cant wait
Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

wow, please posts pics when you get it....thats gonna be one crazy look ***** fukka!!

I can have them order it with those parts on there?
I dont know if I'd still get invoice price, I'm guaranteed it on anycar on the lot except for roush and saleen mustangs.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Emperor answered your questions well, and good luck in your decision. The SGT is an awesome car to own.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Wow, They are doing the work in a respectable time frame. Post pictures when you get it!

congrats!

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

you can have either a paxton novi 1200 or a whipple installed at shelbys place in vegas, but then you have to get the car home deliverd, the dealers cannot accept it with teh charger. if done at shelby you will get new side stripes installed that say Shelby GT/SC. you do not have to do any mods before you get teh car, but its more authentic if you do. you can always send your car to shelby later on for authentic shelby parts, and if you want a charger they will change the stripes and make it an offical GT/SC. my car is going into the mod shop late next week, with 4-6 days of being built before delievery. im having the intercooled novi 1200, 20x9 black razors, big baer brakes, supercharged guage cluster, brake ducts/lower fogs and some billet accesories. i cant wait
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

errr...well i orderd the car in june....
Old 09-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"well i orderd the car in june"

how are you still able to function??? if that was me, I'd have lost my mind by now.

I'm going with the SGT, I might have them throw the supercharger on there, only if it wont take too long of a time.

now I cant wait for the spring time!! good thing I already have a modded mustang to help pass time.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

I just found out in 08' they are only making drop top SGT's.....looks like I'll be buying an 07'.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

nah in 08 they are making vert and hardtops, but only in blue w/ silver stripe combo where the 07s are black w/silver and white w/silver. oh and 300 cali edition SGTs (orange with silver)
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

the white w/ silver just looks phenominal!

best color combo out there.

Quick Reply: Q's on Shelby GT