Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby GT Vs. CS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Default Shelby GT Vs. CS6

Hey guys,

Haven't noticed any new posts over in the Shelby S197 forums lately, so I figured I'd post this here, where it could get an answer. What do you think about me going the CS6 conversion route, over getting a Shelby GT, even if it was at sticker? The reason I ask, is because it looks like the wife and I can get a hold of an '07 Vista V6 Deluxe(Those of you who have followed some of my posts know why I'm so determined to get the deluxe over the premium...), for an out the door price of $19,950. That's AFTER the negative equity from the Accord we're trading in is factored in. I opted to go with the 2.9% APR, instead of the additional $1500-$2000 in rebates. Saves more in the long run if you are like me, and have average credit...[8D]Anyway, if you add the $12,999 that Shelby is listing the Stage II full conversion package at, then you come up with $32,949. Not sure how much the paint and installation would cost, but give it a conservative estimate of an extra $2000. So, that would be $34,949. I'm hoping that maybe my dealer can work with me, and get the kit at cost, so that the $12,999 would include all the paint and installation, we'll see what I can do. Back to the point. A Shelby GT runs anywhere between $36-$38k at sticker, if I'm not mistaken? Plus, you'd have to hope you could even GET one at sticker. Let's go right down the middle, at $37k. We're looking at a price difference of $4051 if I can get the stuff for the CS6 put on with a dealer hookup, or $2051 with that earlier estimate. Again, assuming you can get the Shelby GT at sticker. CS6 has 350hp, Shelby GT has 320hp. CS6=20" Razors, Shelby GT=18" Bullits. Both true Shelby cars. Bottom line, based off cost comparison, with the X factor being that I've NEVER seen a CS6 on the road, but have seen several Shelby GTs, why would anybody NOT get the CS6 instead? Cheaper insurance, faster, more rare, seems like an all around no brainer. Let's see what the general consensus is, fire away!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby GT Vs. CS6

cs6 all the way. let people know what these sixers can do!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I think your opinion may be a little biased, perhaps???[sm=lol.gif]Just from a logical standpoint, numbers on the paper, black and white, so to speak. What I'm waiting for, is for some of the GT guys to find a reason to knock this down...Statistically, it makes all the right sense. I'm just wondering if there would be any reason at all, that makes sense, why this would not be the best way to go. And, just to get this out of the way, I am in no way trying to offend anyone who bought a Shelby GT. Especially those who paid over sticker. My condolences...[8D]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Shelby GT is V8
CS6 is a V6
Shelby GT is a REAL Shelby
CS6 is not
With the Shelby GT you can send it to shelby autos and have them install a supercharger, headers, exhaust, wheels, etc. and still maintain 100% shelby status

CS6 you put all parts on yourself, and is not registered with shelby, and has no CSM number. You would still only have a V6 delux w/ CS6 package.

Shelby GT you would get your moneys worth when selling the car (will not depreciate like regular GT's or V6's)

why spend 34k on a kit + v6 when it will not be a REAL shelby, when you can spend 4k more and have a REAL shelby, and a V8.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

btw just for the record.

I have a 2007 V6
and in the spring I'm buying a 2008Shelby GT.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

I have followed all of your posts - I have it set so that when you post I get an email alert - and am wishing you the best! Keep us in the loop!

Why did you choose "Not to Disclose your Profile"? What are you hiding?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

If you can afford the V8, get it, even if it's just a GT and not the ShelbyGT. If you get the V6 you'll probably end up regretting it no matter how fast you make it.

(no offence 6ers.)
Old 10-05-2007, 11:33 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Ok Dennis, I see your point. I checked around, and Amy from SAI did say that you don't get a registry number. So, I guess that's a strike against it! Found an honest to goodness point deduction...I guess that would place a CS6/CS8 in GT500 territory then? Both Shelby enhanced, but not "True" Shelby cars, because they weren't built by SAI. Still, I would think the value of a CS6/CS8 would be worth more than the normal KBB/NADA values for stockers. If not to a dealer, definitely to a private buyer.

Side note- Using the logic from this arguement, a S/C Shelby GT would be cheaper, almost as fast, and a TRUE Shelby, compared to the GT500. Hmmmmm.... What do you guys/gals think about that?

I wonder if the Shelby community of owners/collectors would welcome CS6/CS8 owners, or shun them??? Don't know if I want to spend money to belong to a group, just to have them not acknowledge me when I get there...[:@]

Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

Shelby GT is V8
CS6 is a V6
Shelby GT is a REAL Shelby
CS6 is not
With the Shelby GT you can send it to shelby autos and have them install a supercharger, headers, exhaust, wheels, etc. and still maintain 100% shelby status

CS6 you put all parts on yourself, and is not registered with shelby, and has no CSM number. You would still only have a V6 delux w/ CS6 package.

Shelby GT you would get your moneys worth when selling the car (will not depreciate like regular GT's or V6's)

why spend 34k on a kit + v6 when it will not be a REAL shelby, when you can spend 4k more and have a REAL shelby, and a V8.
According to what Carol Shelby says.....the CS6 IS a REAL CAROL SHELBY, hince the name CS6. Check out what he said;

http://www.shelbyautos.com/cs6.asp
Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

Hey rogan,

If that was for me, I'm not sure I even knew at the time I set up, that I had done that![&:]I'll have to change that while it's on my mind. I'm trying to stay creative, and make up for not finishing my import project when I was in Japan. Need to stay on a "reasonable" budget, though...

Rev,

I've only driven an A/T GT, and then a 5spd V6. I'd be interested to hear from folks who have gone from stock GTs to S/C or T/C V6s, so I could find out for sure which would be more fun on limited funds. Seems like a FI V6 would cost about the same as a comparably equipped GT. Could be wrong, though...

Quick Reply: Shelby GT Vs. CS6