Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

GT500 Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Default GT500 Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors offered for the GT500

Finally - GT500 Stock replacement 1 Piece Sport Cross Drilled Rotors for the GT500 (fronts and rears).

No need to pay 3 times as much for 2 piece rotors because there was nothing available.

One of my customers has been trying for months to get us to do front and rear cross drilled rotors for the GT500. Have had them for the rear for a while. Well, we now have them available for the front also. Like our rear rotors, these are cross drilled and slotted (have Cross Drilled only also). Once all the machine work is finished we also have them zinc plated to reduce the chance of rust on the hub.

These rotors will be direct replacements for your stock rotors. [/align]

If interested, give me a call at (866-278-8287 x134) or shoot me an E-Mail (PNicholson@Stillen.com).

Thanks

Page[/align]
Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: GT500 Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors

so whats the special #?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Skycam4
1st Gear Member

I have a question. I was one of the guys pushing you to make these and I have a set on my 500. I checked and they are installed correctly but the holes rotate forward.

Look at the pic. Is this correct? It's the way the rotors are marked.

To me this rotor should be on the right side not the left. The rears are marked the same way.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Hey there,

In reality for these rotors (and the rears) it really doesnt make any difference which side of the car you have them on. These are pillar vane rotors - and like straight vane rotors can be mounted on either side of the car. The only rotors where it really makes a difference would be curved vane rotors - in which case the curve of the vane (from the top) should be facing the rear of the car (the reverse of the way the cross-drills are on your car).

Hope this helps some

Thanks

Page
Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Hey there,

If you havent ordered your GT500 rotors, you may want to order them soon. I am being told by my Management that there is a good possibility that the free shipping promotion could be going away at the end of this year (probably starting Jan 1). The free shipping saves a chunk of money (these things arent light).

If interested in a set, give me a call (866-278-8287 x134). Payment can be credit card, check or PayPal.

Thanks

Page

Old 12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Skycam4
1st Gear Member

Then why would they mark them left and right? Now I'm going to take them off and turn them around like every drilled rotor we
have installed.

Why cause the extra work? I have a racer here that runs Vettes and he said he thought it would have to go on as marked because of the way the rotor is vented in the back. It would actually clean itself better the way the picture shows it, which is what drilled rotors actually do?

Just an FYI these things are great. I love the looks of the set of 4. Thanks for stepping up and producing them!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:23 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Hey there,

LONG story short - it has to do with the TYPE of rotor, and a training issue here. IF it were a curved vane rotor, then the L & R would be correct (you would want to cross drill across multiple vanes so that the rotor isnt weakened by the holes - if that makes sense). Since its a pillar vane rotor, it can go on either side of the car without any adverse cooling affects. Did I confuse the issue? I hope not

NOOO problem at all. ANYTHING I can do to help - thats what I am here for (not just brakes either)

When you are ready to step up to a full-on big brake kit - heres what the fronts will look like (6 piston, 2 piece floating14.25" rotor).

Thanks much

Page
Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

so how much?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Hey there,

If you are looking at the rotors mentioned above, the fronts are for a GT500 only (Brembo 14'). They are $437.92 for the pair. Matching rears are $275.75 for the pair.

If you are talking about the AP Racing big brake kit (from the picture in the last post I made):
The 6 piston front kit is normally $3219.58 - right now on sale for $2995.00.
The 4 pistonfrontkit is normally $2183.74 - right now on sale for $1995.00.
The 4 piston rear kit is normally $3011.58 - right now on sale for $2895.00.

Let me know if there is anthing I can do to help.

Thanks

Page
Old 12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Yah I have the gt500 calipers. I am looking to see the rotor options that are available.

Andrew

Quick Reply: GT500 Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors