Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

what to offer on left over '07 Shelby GT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
brook trout

Default what to offer on left over '07 Shelby GT?

Hi Folks,

First post here.

I'm considering taking advantage of the current incenstives on the '07 mustangs - specifically, the low APR incentive. I was looking for a GT premium, but the inventories are pretty low where I live with most of the remaining cars being at the very high end of the line.

There's a couple of Shelby GTs at my local dealership that have been there for a long time. They're beautiful looking cars, but very expensive (to me). One is listed at 40K MSRP, the other at 42 - out of my price range, but they are nice looking cars.

Given that both of these cars have been in the showroom for at least several months, I'm guessing taht the dealership would be pretty receptive to offers. Thing is, how low could I possibly go with one of these cars? A while back, I came in looking for a car for my wife and the sales guy jokingly (I think) offered me the car for 35K out the door - and that was about 2-3 months ago.

Any thoughts? I could just offer invoice plus 3%, I guess, but even that would be too much for me - if the car is just hanging around like these are, can you go even lower than invoice?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what to offer on left over '07 Shelby GT?

It's worth a shot, although 35K for a Shelby GT is one heck of a deal. They still want in the low 40's at my local dealer and $60K for the GT500.

I think 35-37K would be a great deal on a Shelby GT.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I saw a shelby GT and they still wanted $60,000.00 for it, and $70,000.00 for the GT500
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
sphipps70

I went to a local dealership here and was offered 24,000 for a brand new 2007 GT.

I have until Tuesday to decide.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
brook trout

Thanks for the replies so far!

I should clarify that these are normally aspirated cars - not the supercharged versions (I think they have a few performance mods giving them a small HP boost, but nothing huge).

Also, I wouldn't be able to take the 2500 rebate because I'd be going for the APR deal, so this would be best price w/o any rebates.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
airforceus
3rd Gear Member

The Shelby GT basically has the FRPP handling pack, spoiler delete, hurst shifter, a carroll shelby signature, and a different hood scoop. I think that's it???

You can send it to Shelby in NV and have a SC put on! I think the new blue shelby gt's look sharp.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:55 PM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

save the money on the shalby and buy a gt. the shelby gt is the same as the regular gt besides the handling pack and some cosmetic differences. for the price difference you could build the gt with ALOT of mods and make it much better than the shelby gt.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Start low, like $4.

It's a negotation; work your way up from there.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
vack75
3rd Gear Member

35k in my opinion is what the Shelby GT is Worth....I came to that number by adding up the aftermarket stuff and adding it to a GT premium price.

1500 for the handling pack
100 for the X pipe
400 for the axle backs
200 for the shifter
600 for the CAI and tune
400 for the stripes
1500 for the differnt body parts ie bumper

So that's about 4700 so add that to about 30K for a Premium (not that you should pay 30K for a GT premium)(I didn't) Your right around 35K.........So make an offer of 32K and see what they say, however 35K out the door is an Awesome Price, if that's the OTD price and tell them to shove their Gas Guzzler Tax up their @$$, at 3.40 a gallon for premium here, that's all the tax anyone should have to pay.

We have alot of these hangin around here in PA as well, I know one dealer has three of them, I'm considering trading up, but then I'll never be able to mod it, and will have to be happy with what it is..........as any modding will devalue it for the Future.

So you have to ask yourself if you want a collector mustang or one you can tinker with and mod, etc etc. If that is the case get a GT, if not Definately get the Shelby!!

Whatever you choose though good luck!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brook trout

Thanks for the replies so far!

I should clarify that these are normally aspirated cars - not the supercharged versions (I think they have a few performance mods giving them a small HP boost, but nothing huge).

Also, I wouldn't be able to take the 2500 rebate because I'd be going for the APR deal, so this would be best price w/o any rebates.

On the Ford ad I saw yesterday, the APR, 2500 cashback stuff was not available on the Shelby models. ???

Small writing on the bottom of page says "Shelby or Foose Models not elgible."

Might want to do some checking on all that APR cahback stuff is all I'm saying...

Quick Reply: what to offer on left over '07 Shelby GT?