Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

GT500KR vs Super Snake

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Default RE: GT500KR vs Super Snake

ORIGINAL: joemagna

I suppose you could do that, but I think most would want to keep the KR all original to maintain the... well, the originality of it since only 1000 are made. You can buy a regular GT500 and send it to shelby for the SS upgrade.
Oh ok I see, yeah you could upgrade the regular GT500 to an SS...

I guess it really comes down to what your friend is really looking for - Collectivity vs. Performance - I agree that the KR will probably valued a little higher since it is a limited run - but on the flipside, how many Mustang owners say that they're cranking 725 hp from Shelby? 540HP isn't bad but 725HP is just straight badda*s.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Super Snake is a beefed upGT500 that you supply, it will be retrofitted by Shelby, at Shelby. Has everything KR has and more, and most importantly, before the car is given back to you it goes in for a VIN modification at the DMV to rename the car for authenticity. I think they will both have their place the registry and authenticity.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Super Snake is a beefed upGT500 that you supply, it will be retrofitted by Shelby, at Shelby. Has everything KR has and more, and most importantly, before the car is given back to you it goes in for a VIN modification at the DMV to rename the car for authenticity. I think they will both have their place the registry and authenticity.
I don't see any point in collecting cars you see.. collectible cars while they tend to WORK as investments, have constantly been proven to be outpreformed by even the lowliest normal investment. The only way you're going to make money off of a car when compared to other oppertunities is if you sell that shelby at just short of a million, and your chances of that get even past impossible once you actually start enjoying the car.

It would be much more economical to sell the KR after he's done with it and invest the money, espetially considering rent maintenance detailing etc.

Even a 20 year old McLaren F1 didn't sell for more than a 30% profit, so how can a KR do anything but cost you money?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

super snake FTW!
investment wise, if those prices are right idk i never checked bc i dont got that much money , butthe SS has more room to grow and the profit margin will be comparable if not more, and will be more fun to drive. either one is gonna turn a whole lotta heads.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:04 PM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

I don't see any point in collecting cars you see.. collectible cars while they tend to WORK as investments, have constantly been proven to be outpreformed by even the lowliest normal investment. The only way you're going to make money off of a car when compared to other oppertunities is if you sell that shelby at just short of a million, and your chances of that get even past impossible once you actually start enjoying the car.

It would be much more economical to sell the KR after he's done with it and invest the money, espetially considering rent maintenance detailing etc.

Even a 20 year old McLaren F1 didn't sell for more than a 30% profit, so how can a KR do anything but cost you money?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelb...spagenameZWDVW

I'd say this one is going to make more than 30% profit.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Of course the Super Snake. BUT....the KR for 120k?? Are they on crack????

I'll hear hell for this, but for 120k I'm marching down to Chevy dealer for a new ZR1 !!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Supersnake for sure. Kenne Bell!!!

oh yeah; and I saw a Ford dealer in Palm Springs had a bunch of Cobras for cost. Like 50k or under....
Old 02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
ndgoalie35
2nd Gear Member

^^ I would spend an additional 20g's and buy a Ford GT.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I say SS 1000000% !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:53 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ndgoalie35

^^ I would spend an additional 20g's and buy a Ford GT.
Actually. youre right, screw the ZR1 !!!! GT for me

Quick Reply: GT500KR vs Super Snake