Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

UPDATED::400 Miles and a few issues with new 08 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default UPDATED::400 Miles and a few issues with new 08 GT500

Have a few issues with my GT500 after 1 week and about 400 miles:
Heat extracter hood vent on passenger side coming off. New part is ordered should be in Tuesday
now I noticed my passenger side rear facia is popping out slightly away from main fender...what the hell...I know its been above 95 here in Fla...but its like my car is melting and parts are coming off....will discuss with dealer when vent is replaced...I cant believe this 45K++ car has these issues...lets hope this is it....jeesh...
UPDATE 6-11-08
Well brought to the dealer and they fixed the hood vent and are supposed to fix the rear fascia. the body tech advised me that unfortunately the brackets and clipsholding on the rear fascia to the car are made of PLASTIC[:@]
so in the heat they may expand slightly making the fascia shift etc.[:-]...giving that the gt500 and the borla exhaust produce even more heat I mat be bringing my car back to Dealer all summer for same issue since we avg over 90 all summer in florida...the tech guy was pretty honest...they were sitting on a BRAND NEW SHELBY GT (Black w siver) in the body shop..I swear if you saw this car you would swear it was 5 years old..the silver stripes were faded as all ****...( I know this as a problem as my previous car had silver stripes and they started to pit slightly and mine was garage kept etc) anyway he was frustrated with Ford and shelby as to them using the vinyl....he said some people are asking for the stripes to be removed and painted on...I told him...he should do it for free and save some customers the headaches etc...of course he chuckled at that notion..anyways interesting...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:32 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 400 Miles and a few issues with ne 08 GT500

Wow, I had mine for over a year and a half and the only problem I have is keeping it at speed limit..........are you sure your not driving the hell out of it.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:40 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redcobrasc

Wow, I had mine for over a year and a half and the only problem I have is keeping it at speed limit..........are you sure your not driving the hell out of it.
not that I am....how would driving cause the heat extractor vent to pop up and be loose...and also the rear fasica start to look like the seams are not lining up anymore..I am not too concerned as the dealer will obviously fix it all..it is just a wee bit disappointing that these things happen....I guess it does not matter the price we pay...these things just happen..and to answer your question again...no...not driving the hell out of it....dealer will look at clips on rear fascia and see if any are missing...my only concern there was they did replace my axel backs and not they should have touched my rear fascia but they did have to readjust my exhaust the other day as it was rattling. Which I remember my 05 GT the axel backs were coming loose with regularity until I fixed them the last time with new clamps
Old 06-09-2008, 01:49 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I have had mine just over a week and it has almost 800 miles on it already with issues. I did have it up over 100MPH several times but still no issues. Driving the hell out of it wouldn't cause your issues.Yours seems to be heat related but it still shouldn't do that.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATED::400 Miles and a few issues with new 08 GT500

I updated my issue today up top....
Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I have had mine just over a week and it has almost 800 miles on it already with issues. I did have it up over 100MPH several times but still no issues. Driving the hell out of it wouldn't cause your issues.Yours seems to be heat related but it still shouldn't do that.

you wouldnt think so...see my update up top
Old 06-14-2008, 01:07 AM
08 Bullitt 2310
2nd Gear Member

The heat extractor vents are held in with some sort of black weatherstrip adhesive.Nice!The dealer has had my GT500 twice in two weeks for the same paint issues and slight front wheel shimmy at certain speeds.# days the first time and 3 1/2 and still no answer this time.BTW they used a half tank of gas in 50 miles testing it the first time with no gas reimbursement.Nice!Seems as if I'm going to have to revert to my old ways to get this **** handled!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:50 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

sorry to read this Cheftjpeck[&o]......I still want one and I am thinking no stripes and I will add them....Black with Satin silver metallic (codeYN)!!!!!!!! Now that rear fascia is yet another scray reality that Ford skimps on some of the parts of a car and well rocks on others (motor and trans). I still think for 46000 dollars+ it should be done right and the first time.... at least the guy was hoinest and how hard would it be to have them made out of metal or find metal replacements? Hmmmm...... take care and keep me posted.... I am on the hunt for a deal.. J
Old 06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

sorry to read this Cheftjpeck[&o]......I still want one and I am thinking no stripes and I will add them....Black with Satin silver metallic (codeYN)!!!!!!!! Now that rear fascia is yet another scray reality that Ford skimps on some of the parts of a car and well rocks on others (motor and trans). I still think for 46000 dollars+ it should be done right and the first time.... at least the guy was hoinest and how hard would it be to have them made out of metal or find metal replacements? Hmmmm...... take care and keep me posted.... I am on the hunt for a deal.. J
I will still highly reccommend one....the fascia thing does suck,....it was explained to me that allot of cars are built the same way and it is a safety / insurance issue. ..so if you are in a rear end collision the fascia separates to save on replacement costs and further damage to fenders buckling etc.....they supposedly can not replace with metal clips as it would be not in accordance to todays safety standards for vehicles etc...who knows....by the looks of my fasica today I am almost positive it will be back in again for the same thing....I am not willing ot accept the answer: "Sorry thats just the way it is and its a design issue...hey I purposely walked through my parking garage at work today and did not notice this on other cars...in fact my mustang did not do this...so I am sure I will be back to dealer and complain until they get a permanent fix for it...
Old 06-14-2008, 02:33 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Post a pic of the rear facia please!

Quick Reply: UPDATED::400 Miles and a few issues with new 08 GT500