Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Whats the value of this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:59 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the value of this?

im a little lost though from the OP.... did he purchase the car and is asking the value of it....street value or trade-in?? He said multiple times it was in his garage..... Or is he trying to buy it?? If your trying to purchase it... i think in the 42k or more..?? I did read a little on this rare color combo.... so maybe it miight be worth a little more... IDK
Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM
1995blkgtconv
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimeForPain

im a little lost though from the OP.... did he purchase the car and is asking the value of it....street value or trade-in?? He said multiple times it was in his garage..... Or is he trying to buy it?? If your trying to purchase it... i think in the 42k or more..?? I did read a little on this rare color combo.... so maybe it miight be worth a little more... IDK
No he bought new took the pics at the dealership and is now selling it. He actually has the white with red stripes for sell too, you could have your chioce.

I told him I would give hime 42k and haven't heard back, he was asking 54k so I'm sure he was asking what he paid with mark up.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1995blkgtconv

No he bought new took the pics at the dealership and is now selling it. He actually has the white with red stripes for sell too, you could have your chioce.

I told him I would give hime 42k and haven't heard back, he was asking 54k so I'm sure he was asking what he paid with mark up.
That's absurd....no matter what color it is.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

^ + 1 that price is [:'(]
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

i paid 46k for mine and its a year newer and has the hid's and lighting crap in it....has everything except nav... I wouldnt pay more for a year older car that has less features... if i could get a hell of a deal, then i could live without the hid's and stuff... but for more.... hell no.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:21 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

i think your 42k offer should have been good enough to make a deal on... or at least work with you... but these dealers think they got gold.... so they think they can rape us and jack up the prices...
Old 07-18-2008, 03:49 PM
1995blkgtconv
1st Gear Member

i think your 42k offer should have been good enough to make a deal on... or at least work with you... but these dealers think they got gold.... so they think they can rape us and jack up the prices...
Right on man, although this guy is not a dealer, but I did see an 07 black conv w/ 3k miles for sale at a dealer in Waco TX for 52k just plain stupid.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Maybe he just bought them so he can sell them for a profit... would seem really stupid otherwise to buy a car and right away decide you are going to sell it.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

+1. There are now quite a few 08 GT500's out there at or just below MSRP. I purchased minein June for $46,000 with shaker 1000.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

I've found that most dealers around here are more realistic....the price will be really marked up but then you tell them you're willing to buy it now for MSRP or right above....and they usually go for it