Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

SGT Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:40 PM
bonds Stang

Default SGT Supercharger

I finally installed a Procharger stage II on My 2007 Shelby GT #5532. It took me and a buddy 10 hours to install. I got it dyno'd on a Dyno Jet and it put down 456 RWHP at 6400 RPMS and 405 RWTQ at 4600 RPMS. Right after the tuner bumped the rev limiter up to 6700 RPMS,and he said I should be around 470 RWHP. I had to install a GT500 pump since the piggyback pump from the kit was dropping fuel pressure at high RPM's. Besides that everything else was a breeze and easy to install.

I already got the itch for more power!!!

Heres a link to pics of my install.

www.flickr.com/photos/27439828@N08
Old 07-21-2008, 03:11 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SGT Supercharger

congrats on the procharger. i started to get a little jelouse till i seen procharger, im stuck on the whipple, next month i think. nevertheless, pretty impressive numbers. is the low end on that what you expected?
Old 07-21-2008, 03:56 AM
nite
3rd Gear Member

good work, bond! congrats!

I'll be installing my paton 2200 h.o. this weekend. hope my #'s look as good as yours, but you've got me concened about the bap now...
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

so you're not going with the Shelby installation then....?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

nah, shelby wants waytoo much money for that install, and I'd much rather do it myself anyway.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
bonds Stang

I wasn't sure what to expect with the low end numbers, but after driving it I'm okay with it. I wish I could go more HP and TQ without sacrificing the safety of the bottom end.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 PM
bonds Stang

nite,
If you are using the Boost a pump setup you should be okay. My tuner told me the stock pump is good to around 470RWHP, but the piggy back pump they had me splice in with the procharger kit is kind of a crappy way of doing it. I have read of people having problems with parts burning up, after splicing in the second pump. I recommend upgrading to the gt500 pump, its real easy to install and comes complete with the new wire harness.

Plus installing it yourself is more rewarding and not too hard since most kits come with complete instructions. Also I recommend reading the instructions several times before you attempt to install, and ask questions about anything your not sure about ahead of time. Besides that congrats on your kit, and can't wait to see what kind of numbers you are putting down.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 PM
nite
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the info and advice, bond! yeah, I have the kb boost a pump, supplied with the brenspeed kit.they'vealsoassured me that the bap will be sufficient for my app. I'm not too too worried as brenspeed does seem toknow their stuff.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

what is that boost-a-pump you speak of? is it a centri only type of deal? i seen an add for it somewhere but wasnt sure what it is. will it work with the whipple going in the SGT in 2 weeks? (oohh im excited) thanks guys
Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
bonds Stang

funtimes
the boost a pump essentially boost the voltage to the fuel pump, which then increases how much fuel it pumps. it is a safe way of increasing the fuel pumps flow amount with out having to swap in a new fuel pump. it also has a dial so you can adjust the duty capacity of the fuel pump depending on your driving conditions. it can be used on either a centri or a roots style blower or even N/A. Kenne bell supplies this with all their kits instead of replacing the fuel pump. depending on the amount of power your going to be putting down you may not need anything. From what i've heard your stock pump without the boost a pump is good to around 470RWHP. The reason i went to the GT500 pump was the piggyback pump had to be cut and spliced in and was dropping fuel pressure, and i hopefully plan to go higher HP so i just bit the bullet and upgraded.