Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Possibly selling the gt500

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:35 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default Possibly selling the gt500

well, I think I'm getting rid of my 500... I have really been thinking hard about it this weekend and I think I'm gonna part ways with the car... I really can't justify paying for a car every month and don't drive it... Plus in 4 years I'll be 30 and still be paying on the car... This is the car I've always wanted but I think I jumped the gun and screwed myself money wise... So I might as well fix it while I can.. So I'll put this here to see anyone interested..

The car is a 2008 performance white with blue stripes gt500
Around 950 miles only
Mint.. Car is always kept in the garage
Has the extended warranty and had the rust proofing done.
Only mod Is the mac boomtubes, but I have the stock mufflers if they want to be put on... Other than that, the car is fully loaded with everything except nav.. Hopefully I can find a home for this beautiful car.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I am sorry to hear about it, but understand why...good luck with the sale and you should have no problem selling it....
Old 09-15-2008, 11:21 AM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

thanks man.. I love this car, it's my most favorate out all the cars that i've owned, but unfortunately I've made very poor choices with money lately and this is one I can fix.. I'll always be a member here though, love this forum.. You have any idea what a good starting price would be??? I used KBB but it said the cars worth 52k... I doubt that's right
Old 09-15-2008, 01:42 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Red face

I am sorry to hear you are selling, Good luck!!
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TimeForPain
thanks man.. I love this car, it's my most favorate out all the cars that i've owned, but unfortunately I've made very poor choices with money lately and this is one I can fix.. I'll always be a member here though, love this forum.. You have any idea what a good starting price would be??? I used KBB but it said the cars worth 52k... I doubt that's right
it depends on your area and the current market of that area..with the low miles and all I would start at new MSRP and negotiate from there... hopefully you got yours at or below msrp so you do not take it in the shorts... good luck...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:05 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

well, ive been talking to some people here at home and i think im gonna try to let it ride out and see how it goes... gonna just keep it..... called a few places and they were giving me BS offers anyways... one had the nerve to offer me 35k for it ( 3 months to lose 11k they can kiss my)... so before i give the car away ill just keep it and hope my winter beater lasts... thanks for the help here guys, looks like ill be sticking around for a while longer.

Last edited by TimeForPain; 09-15-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
iceman4269

As much as a 35k offer sucks, that is not surprising. I live in California and I have seen used gt500's matching your year and mileage for sale for around 42k from Ford dealers.
Plus, almost every dealership around me has a new 08 or 09 available for MSRP.
I am glad you are able to keep it now though.
Good luck!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

yeah, for 35k its pointless to get rid of the car, the sad thing is, to own a damn car for only 4 months or so and for it to depreciate over 10k is rediculious.. I understand that the market and economy is bad right now but I;d never sell for that cheap... the problem is the people that are selling them that cheap... that screws it up for the rest of us... But w/e I love the car and it was not a have to situation but a situation that would help me save a ton of money, but for to do that i need to take a huge hit... i dont think so.. Guess ill just enjoy it a little bit longer =) thanks for all the comments guys, really appreatiate it.
Nick
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Wildpig51
2nd Gear Member

just out of curiosity where are you located at?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:58 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

im in Chicago

Quick Reply: Possibly selling the gt500