Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

To Each Their Own . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

Default To Each Their Own . . . .

I was in Atlanta this weekend. At a convenience store the people I was with started shouting and pointing at a Mustang in the parking lot. It was a Shelby GT coupe--black/silver which I think is a very sharp car. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not beyond adding a little "flash" to my ride, but this thing had 22" flat, almost solid chrome rims, some really, really, really cheap fog lights hung under the front bumper, just above the "Powered by Ford" badge on the fender he had installed some very cheesy chrome vents--sort of like those on the new F-250's and to cap it off, he had added to the "Shelby GT" stripe--in a totally different font, "500". I'm thinking geez, you just ruined a very nice car. Why didn't you do that to a regular GT or even a chevy...... I love these cars and the way they look. I even like some of them modified, but the vents and the "500" really did me in.....

I'll get off my soap box now.....
Old 02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

i hate seeing ppl ruin cars...ur just say 2 ur self what were they thinkin
Old 02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Blasphemy....Vents?? Ugghh maybe some like a 300C could pull those off but, a Stang? Just like a fattie wearing a tubetop, Maybe it looks good to them but, in other peoples eyes its gonna by like "WTF, Awww man thats nasty" LMAO
Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Mullens
1st Gear Member

Posers come in all car makes....
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

I saw alot of personalized cars in Florida this past week, some nice and some ricey, to each is own I guess.