Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Dyno Testing the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Dyno Testing the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500

Well since we've already been to the track a few times we decided it was time to do some other testing. This time on the dyno. So I called up Mr. Jeremy Martorella of UPR and told him what we had in mind. He said no prob and for me to be at their facility at 8:30am this morning and we'll get it done.

My plan was to do a baseline dyno to see what type of power it made with the stock tune. Then we would test the car with a custom Lund Racing/Lethal Performance Aggressive Street tune. Lastly I wanted to see what type of gains the new Lethal Performance X-Pipe would give us.

So I show up at UPR and Jeremy straps the car down to their new Mustang Dyno. It was already 85+degs outside (typical Fl summer weather). We let it cool for a bit with some ice on the blower and a fan on the front of the car. 30 minutes later we figured we would make our first pull. The car was still warm but cool enough where we felt we would get accurate results. The first pull made had the Aggressive Street Tune on it and yielded us 471rwhp and 471rwtq.

YouTube - Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 w/Custom Tune 471rwhp @ UPR

Then we flashed the car back to stock and did the same cooling procedure. Ran the car for the 2nd time now with the stock file and the car made 422rwhp and 440rwtq.

YouTube - Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 Baseline Dyno at UPR 421rwhp on a Mustang Dyno

Then I was off to Power By the Hour to see my friend Jake and have them put the offroad x-pipe on. So I get to Jake's shop and my friend Tak and Jesse are there ready to do the swap. Even with the stock pipes still hot they pulled it off and put the new one on in less than 40 minutes. They lowered the car down from the lift and started it up. Music to my ears as the sound I've been missing is now there. That true mustang sound that was being held back from the stock cats is alive. I drive the car back to UPR and we strap it to the dyno again. Grabbed some lunch and made another pull. This time with the Aggressive Street tune and the Lethal Performance X-Pipe. Even before the run Jeremy said he thought we'd see a solid 15rwhp and what do you know he hit it right on the money. The car made 486rwhp and 478rwtq. That's a 15rwhp gain with the only addition being the offroad x-pipe.

YouTube - Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 Tuned w/Offroad X-Pipe 486rwhp/478rwtq

Mission Accomplished!! We're very happy with the results. A solid 49rwhp gain from a tune alone and another solid 15rwhp from the addition of our offroad x-pipe. Lastly the added bonus of the way the car sounds makes the day a success.

Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 Offroad X-Pipe (No Cats) [LP-GT500ORX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

YouTube - 2010 GT500 with Lethal Performance Offroad X-Pipe
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

nice results there. sounds good too. what's next?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I agree whats next? Blower upgrade to a Whipple????? hope so and the sound difference is night and day and for the better. Impressive numbers for a tune and O/R x pipe!!!!!! Keep it coming Jared!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by onederful100
nice results there. sounds good too. what's next?
Originally Posted by mygt500
I agree whats next? Blower upgrade to a Whipple????? hope so and the sound difference is night and day and for the better. Impressive numbers for a tune and O/R x pipe!!!!!! Keep it coming Jared!

Next is to do the rear suspension. Steeda hooked us up with all the parts for the rear. We'll be installing all that stuff on Tuesday of next week and taking it to the track for some new track times. After that we're going to be doing some testing with the new 3.4L Whipple Crusher Kit. That's going to take place on the stock motor. Once that's done Steve Turner from 5.0 Magazine will be coming down in mid Oct to cover the rest of the build. Blower, All aluminum built motor by Al Papitto, Heads done by Chris at Champion Racing Heads, triple return style fuel system, BMR front suspension, Mcleod RXT clutch.

9 sec street car on the way.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sounds like a badass build, bro!
dont know what that crusher kit is, but sounds like it'll crush the competition.
whipple crew ftw!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:31 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very nice!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by onederful100
sounds like a badass build, bro!
dont know what that crusher kit is, but sounds like it'll crush the competition.
whipple crew ftw!

here you go right from the website....inlet upgrades
http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...-black-p-30065
Old 09-22-2009, 03:53 PM
CooksSlowSix
1st Gear Member

awesome...sounds sick
Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
idareya

what are real dyno numbers for a stocker i believe i saw around 500 in the issue of fast fords a while agoand 11-90s on tires what is the truth thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Black Man

Nice, sounds awesome

Quick Reply: Dyno Testing the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500