Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:59 AM
20withagt500

Default Lowering springs

If u get springs for your Shelby gt500 what brand would u get? I am thinking eibach! But what is the differnce between progressive and standard springs
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my car with the stock struts/shocks. Very pleased with the ride and stance that I ended up with. Another thing you may need to consider is an adjustable pan-hard bar to re-center the rear end under the car....I needed one.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Don't forget to check out the Vogtland springs...

Old 12-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Murrocket

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit on my car with the stock struts/shocks. Very pleased with the ride and stance that I ended up with. Another thing you may need to consider is an adjustable pan-hard bar to re-center the rear end under the car....I needed one.
Your car looks Great! I also kept the stock struts / shocks but went with H & R Springs. They leveled the car off and and made a huge difference in handling while keeping the ride very comfortable for the street. I did not need an adjustable panhard bar because my axle was not adversly effected.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Murrocket
Your car looks Great! I also kept the stock struts / shocks but went with H & R Springs. They leveled the car off and and made a huge difference in handling while keeping the ride very comfortable for the street. I did not need an adjustable panhard bar because my axle was not adversly effected.
Thanks man, you should post some pictures of your car.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I went with frpp springs to lower... Left stock struts and shocks as well...I do gave a bmr adjustable Pam hard bar that I should install one day... Lol
Old 12-04-2009, 03:23 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I also went with the FRPP springs but I only installed the rears. It leveled out the car pretty will. I think this winter I'll install the fronts and hope I don't drag on my driveway.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:23 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VaporDude
I also went with the FRPP springs but I only installed the rears. It leveled out the car pretty will. I think this winter I'll install the fronts and hope I don't drag on my driveway.
I did the same, but later installed the front springs and MM camber plates - looks and feels much better with the FR springs in all four corners. Lowered only 1" at the chin spoiler and have not dragged on anything so far, except a piece of 4 X 4 that someone left on the road.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:00 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

I'm putting on an eibach pro kit next week so do I need anything like a panhard bar or am I gonna be alright
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boss197
I'm putting on an eibach pro kit next week so do I need anything like a panhard bar or am I gonna be alright
it's very possible you'll be needing an adjustable pan-hard bar...I recommend the BMR, part# PHR006, with poly bushings on both ends..

here's the link, scroll down about half way..

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005MustangSUSPENSION.htm

another thing you might need would be some camber bolts when you go to get the car aligned...some say you need them, some say you don't. I went ahead and put them in mine just as a pre-caution since I had everything apart

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 12-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Lowering springs