Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Traded My 07 GT in for this......

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

Very cool! Excellent color choice--it's the fastest color, you know. Who did you deal with at town & country?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:08 AM
moburto07GT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, i remember your car being up at T&C when i bought my 07 GT back in November of 2007. My salesman was Rodney Jinette, really great guy...
On a side note, i took the 500 back to the dealership for work that they agreed to do in the contract that i had with them. They replaced the chin spoiler, center console and front and rear brake pads (I provided the replacement pads Duralast Gold Cmax ceramic pads). I know of several people with 500s using them with out an issue. Well after getting the car back yesterday i drove it for about 15 miles when the rear brakes pretty much locked up on me. I was fortunately only 3 to 4 miles from the dealership so i just drove it back there. After having the dealerships "expert" brake tech drive the car he decided that nothing was wrong with it, and the pads just need to be broken in. After arguing with him for 5-10 minutes over the fact that if that was the case then the front pads would be making the same noise and producing the same burning smell as the rear brakes. So i demanded that the car be put on a lift and i be allowed to inspect it with him and the service manager there. When the car was lifted up the first thing i did was try to spin the rear wheels with the car in neutral, and it was almost damn near impossible. Then i disconnected the e-brake cables, which made it a little easier but still took a lot more force than it should have, and you could hear a slight grinding noise coming from one of the brake pads against the rotor. At this point they are still trying to tell me nothing is wrong and that i just need to drive the car to break in the brake pads. So as they are still talking im looking for any possible signs of a stuck caliper or damaged brake line, when i find the left rear caliper is dripping brake fluid all over the inside of the rim. At this point they tell me that is normal bleed off from where he compressed the caliper piston to put on the new pads (the passenger side rear caliper didnt have any fluid or any other visible issues liek the drivers side rear). It was at this time i told the manager that yes i know there can be a small amount of fluid come out but not this long after they installed the pads and it wouldnt continue to drip new brake fluid while sitting on the lift unless there was something wrong with the caliper. The service manager then proceed to pretty much call me a liar and that i didnt know what i was talking about and that he didnt know much but he knew fords and there was no way that was the problem..... that it was the cheap Duralast pads i put on the car, at this point im pissed. He also precedes to call me a liar of the fact that i point out that there are numerous parts that can be swapped on the 500s and regular GTs without any conflicts. After realizing i am not getting anywhere with these ****ing morons I tell them whatever they need to fix this and in no way is it the pads, because if it was the pads, then the front would also be doing the same damn thing. Also if it was the pads it would be squeaking and chirping while i was applying the brakes not while the car was moving. Which normally indicates a stuck caliper or some other brake issue along those lines. After i walked away to keep from losing my temper any more they paged me to come back to my car and said that they would replace the caliper on the drivers side rear and check the rotors for any damage but i would need to pay for the replacement pads and that the parts would be 2 days out. At this time i was just ready to get it fixed and told them that would be fine, but they would also need to proved me a rental car and after they fixed their **** up i would never buy from or have a car serviced with them again..... Lesson learned do NOT go to Town and Country Ford, in Madison, TN Service Dept.... Most of them including the service manager dont know his head from his *** hole, and are unwilling to believe that they could have made a mistake...... When i do pick the car up i will have a long sit down with the GM and Owner to let them know how there service dept treats customers (although im sure they know but dont really care).....

Last edited by moburto07GT; 01-07-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

yeah dealers suck, they're a necessary evil and you're right, they'll probably blow you off when you tell them about the service department sucking ***** but I'd still tell them, write a letter to the owner too. enough complaints and someone will have to listen sooner or later.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Very impressive....and love the color!!