Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Exposed

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
RacinRandy

Default 2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Exposed

I've posted these on a couple of other forums and thought that I should also post these links here. I took possession of a Sterling Gray Convertible GT500 just about 2 weeks ago. I spent quite a bit of time photographing the car and those new items that everyone is wondering about.

2011 Differences Illustrated: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Differences.htm

I've also added a few mods, the most telling is a set of 14" Baer Extreme Plus Rotors and 6 Piston Calipers. I've illustrated the procedure for installing those here: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Brakes.htm

If you just want to see a bunch of pictures of the car, click here: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011.htm

and finally, some pictures of the car on the track at speed: http://marblesmotors.com/GT5002011Hallett.htm

I hope people will find this informative.
Racin' Randy
Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 AM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

Nice car congrats, not feeling the stripes though.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

The car looks great to me, and thank you for sharing those links! Very informative pictures!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Looks nice I like the stripes except on the back facing trunk over the "SHELBY" logo part.
From the rear it would look better clean.
Also the SVTPP stripes are too close together. From a bit of a distance it would look like one solid wide stripe.
They needed another inch of space between them.

The photo illustration is nice. Good job and nice car.
Enjoy.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM
RacinRandy

I had my hesitation on the stripes as well when I placed the order for the car. I had not seen one in person and what I learned is that the camera does some weird things to the stripes as they are reflective and almost any shot makes them stand out more than they actually do in person.

I also look at the cars without stripes and of course color matters, but without the stripes, I would think my car would be just too much gray. You can look at the Ford F-150's in the same color and it just gets to be too much of the same. I personally like the narrow stripes 100% better than the wide ones and like the fact that it is a bit understated. Also, having the red accents inside really sets off the black seats.

I gave thought to ordering one in white with no stripes and then making replicas of the 1967 GT500 stripes in dark blue for a retro look, but I am tired of keeping white and black vehicles looking clean.

Thanks for your compliments / critiques. Next up is an install of the Kicker Brand speaker/amp setup for these cars. I heard their demo car recently and it will make you throw rocks at your stock unit.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I am sorry but I just cant get used to that new rearend! Looks like an awesome car though...
Old 07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

I agree, the back end of the 2010-2011's are not the greatest and the "worst" part of the car.
Luckily only the people behind you see it anyway. LOL

But in person it's still not that bad. Much better than the not so attractive and lower rent look of the interior of the 05-09's which you have to actually look at, and USE, every time you are in the cars.
Though I still wish the 2010-2011 interiors were still better.
But it didn't stop me from ordering one today.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:15 PM
RacinRandy

Driver72.................what did you order.

Funny enough, I may be in the total minority, but I actually like the rear end treatment of the 10-11 cars better and especially the interior, but neither one of those items is what prompted me to order the car.
It was the availability of the SVTPP package with all that it brings for a reasonable price as opposed to paying the $30K to Shelby for a Super Snake. Frankly I don't want mine lowered to where you can't use it, and I don't want it to ride like a lumber wagon, and an horsepower additions will also have to come along with suspension and traction upgrades to be able to use the extra power.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 PM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Driver72
I agree, the back end of the 2010-2011's are not the greatest and the "worst" part of the car.
Luckily only the people behind you see it anyway. LOL

But in person it's still not that bad. Much better than the not so attractive and lower rent look of the interior of the 05-09's which you have to actually look at, and USE, every time you are in the cars.
Though I still wish the 2010-2011 interiors were still better.
But it didn't stop me from ordering one today.
Funny, I actually like my Roush interior more than the standard 10-11 GT's interior.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RacinRandy
Driver72.................what did you order.

Funny enough, I may be in the total minority, but I actually like the rear end treatment of the 10-11 cars better and especially the interior, but neither one of those items is what prompted me to order the car.
It was the availability of the SVTPP package with all that it brings for a reasonable price as opposed to paying the $30K to Shelby for a Super Snake. Frankly I don't want mine lowered to where you can't use it, and I don't want it to ride like a lumber wagon, and an horsepower additions will also have to come along with suspension and traction upgrades to be able to use the extra power.
actually i think you are in the majority. your just in a forum where the majority of people own the older body style

Quick Reply: 2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP Exposed