adding more power - MustangForums.com



S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default adding more power

hi guys i finally able to save up some extra money and ready to take the next step as far as adding power. my question is what are the best combo for cai/tune/smaller pulley?

i have steeda cai and steeda small pulley in mind, but what about the type of tuner any recommendation?

thanks
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
steel pony
4th Gear Member
 
steel pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShelbyGt500 View Post
hi guys i finally able to save up some extra money and ready to take the next step as far as adding power. my question is what are the best combo for cai/tune/smaller pulley?

i have steeda cai and steeda small pulley in mind, but what about the type of tuner any recommendation?

thanks
IIRC, you'll want to go with the upgraded JLT CAI and the Innovators West crank pully, then retune thru whomever you trust.

This seems to be the "bang for the buck" on a budget upgrade for the 07-09 GT500's. A little over $1200 spent for a 150HP increase
steel pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel pony View Post
IIRC, you'll want to go with the upgraded JLT CAI and the Innovators West crank pully, then retune thru whomever you trust.

This seems to be the "bang for the buck" on a budget upgrade for the 07-09 GT500's. A little over $1200 spent for a 150HP increase
is the innovators west crank pully better than this one? http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda...er-pulley.html
also i wanted to go with the steeda cai
http://www.americanmuscle.com/steeda...er-pulley.html
or is the JLT the better choice? as far as the tune i don't know who i trust yet i never had any of my car tune.

thanks
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
BlackShelbyGt500
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: california
Posts: 377
Default

i also have this in mind as far as the tuner goes
http://www.americanmuscle.com/x3-cus...er-0510se.html
BlackShelbyGt500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 193
Default

Go with the VMP package.

2.5 upper
90mm idler
SCT device
JLT intake
93 octane tune.
1000 bucks.

pulley removal tool for another 300.

Last edited by Falcon Fixer; 05-26-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Falcon Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member
 
GT500Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer View Post
Go with the VMP package.

2.5 upper
90mm idler
SCT device
JLT intake
93 octane tune.
1000 bucks.

pulley removal tool for another 300.
^^^^ this X 1000

Go with a tune from someone that SPECIALIZES in these cars. Can't stress that enough.

Make one phone call, pick up 100rwhp. It will be like a totally new car.

Welcome to the addiction
GT500Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throwback Thursdays: The First Mustang TV Ad MustangForums Editor Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion 2 10-05-2015 07:40 AM
What other parts should I be concerned about if my pinion bearing went bad? KingRando 2005-2014 Mustangs 5 10-02-2015 08:06 AM
I should've known better ChampInSD 5.0L GT S550 Tech 13 10-02-2015 04:55 AM
20 inch Wheels a mistake on 2015 Mustang GT? mungodrums The New S550 2015-2017 Mustang 10 09-28-2015 10:54 PM
How to Replace Your Ford Mustang Power Door Lock Actuator MustangForums Editor General Tech 0 09-25-2015 06:58 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.