Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Extended Ford Warranty My Dealer dosn't offer it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 02:26 AM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Question Extended Ford Warranty My Dealer dosn't offer it.

We picked up our '19 Mustang GT 'Vert & asked about cost of Fords Extended Warranty .
I was told the Dealer doesn't offer them any longer but sell a superior 3rd party ext. warranty instead.
Anyone else experience find this to be so !!????
Old 01-27-2019, 05:15 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

They're wrong. I think it is, if they sell a Ford plan, they don't make any
money from it. There are four extended warranty plans that Ford offers.

PremiumCARE- 1000+ Components Covered
ExtraCARE - 113 Components Covered
BaseCARE - 84 Components Covered
PowertrainCARE - 29 Components Covered

https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan

Could also be some dealers aren't able to offer them, but I would call Ford
and ask them about it, and where you bought the car, and that they will not
sell you a plan.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:18 AM
JimC

I'm sure that their "superior 3rd party" plan has a much higher commission to the sales person who gets you to buy it.

Then when you go to use it you will find LOTS of restrictions, and very few places that honor it. Unlike the Ford ESP which is used at any Ford dealer service department.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:41 AM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

The plan they were selling was the CNA National Warranty Co.
So far I have read mixed reviews on them.
My dealer said as long as I had my work done @ their service dept there would be zero deductible & no problems.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

The problem is, you can't always make it to THEIR shop. I know a guy who bought a car,
got a warranty, but he bought the car in Ohio, and works in PA. Now he has a problem, and
has to drive it ALL the way back to Ohio to get it fixed. Also, what if you break down half-way
across your state? You would have to pay to have it towed all the way back to the place
where the warranty would be honored. Nope, not me... Get one from FORD so you can go
to any FORD dealer and have it done.

This seems like the type of warranty a car lot would offer, not a genuine FORD dealer,
or the car is used, and cannot get the Factory warranty. Being a 2019, you should
be able to get a FORD warranty.

They claim to pay for towing, lodging, and the sort, but not sure on what plan that is.

They do require you to take it to the dealer, or one of their, thousands of licensed repair facilities
across U.S. or Canada.

CNA National Warranty Corporation was formerly known as Western National Warranty Corporation
and changed its name to CNA National Warranty Corporation in November 1999. The company was
founded in 1982 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona.

No matter WHAT you do, get GAP! Even if through your own insurance company, it's only
another $2.50 or so a month. WELL worth it, so your loan is paid off if the car is declared
a total loss. If not, you pay what's left over when they pay the ACV of the car, and it's always
going to be at least $2000 less than your loan balance, PLUS your deductible. GAP pays
all that. So, I run with a $1000 collision deductible, because GAP will pay the entire balance
left over after the insurance pays the ACV. I just had it happen, $13,800 some left on the loan,
the insurance paid $8700. -$250 deductible for a deer hit, leaving me with $3500 left over, and
GAP paid it. My son, collision'd his, and had the $1000 ded, and GAP paid the entire amount
that was left over... I put 1800 miles a week on a car, so the value plummets every 3 months,
so I need it. Since I get the HIGH collision deductible, my rates are lower, and GAP cost me $2.25
a month? Well, that's only $135 for a 5-year loan, and I save MORE than that monthly using
the higher collision deductible.

You have 30 days from the purchase date to add GAP to your policy. WELL worth it for me, and
everyone, so you won't be lumping the balance of your loan into your next purchase.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:45 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Flood Ford is the best place to get your genuine Ford ESP warranty at the best price. Way cheaper than the local dealer. That’s where I got mine and never had any problems using it with my local dealer. And you don’t have to buy one right away, just as long as your car is less than three years from date of purchase and under 36,000 miles. I bought mine at 35,000 miles.
https://www.floodfordesp.com/
Old 01-30-2019, 03:43 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Good to know Vista Blue, I wonder if my selling dealer would have any problems with honoring it ??
When you got yours, did they send you a copy of the Contract along with a Plan I.D. Card?

Anybody else have a good source for discounted ESP contracts..?
Old 01-30-2019, 05:11 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

With a FORD warranty, every FORD dealer should honor it.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:47 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by OlPal
Good to know Vista Blue, I wonder if my selling dealer would have any problems with honoring it ??
When you got yours, did they send you a copy of the Contract along with a Plan I.D. Card?

Anybody else have a good source for discounted ESP contracts..?
Like I said previously, I had no problem at my local dealer and you won’t either. The dealer just bills Ford for the warranty work so they actually make money by fixing your car - more business for them.

I asked my local dealer if they’d match Flood Ford’s price but they said no way because Flood had a special high volume pricing deal with Ford. I don’t think you’ll find anyone to beat Flood’s pricing.

You get a contract from Flood Ford for the ESP. I also called Ford corporate to verify they had it in their system.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:10 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Blue Vista !

Quick Reply: Extended Ford Warranty My Dealer dosn't offer it.