Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Saleen Steering wheel Logo

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Nitehawk422
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Steering wheel Logo

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any inputs on the steering wheel logo on the 05 06 Saleen. I have noticed on my 06 that the edges appear to be lifting. Its not really a big deal to me right now, but it seems like a poor quality job if after 6 months the thing is starting to pop off. I can only imagine with summer coming that this thing will slowly start to work its way loose. Anyone have any guidance or experience with it? Specifically has anyone found a better way to keep the thing tightly on the wheel? Is there a specific type of adhesive anyone has used? In any event any input anyone has is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:02 AM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Steering wheel Logo

The Saleen wheel badge is actually sitting on top of the stock badge. I pried out the stock badge with a flathead screwdriver, then used some clear silicone adhesive to stick the Saleen badge directly to the wheel and haven't had any problems since.

*the stock badge will probably not be reusable after this, it is very thin metal and bends easily.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:35 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I took Polkthug's recommendation on my s281 and so far so good. The only problem I had was prying out the old tin mustang logo. It would not BUDGE! I ended up drilling a very small hole in the emblem (point of no return there, and be real careful of the depth of the drill bit). Once I got through the badge I used a pair of tin snips to cut the emblem into sections (from the inside outward) and then pull the sections out with a needle nose plyers. Worked good. I then took a fresh Saleen emblem and stuck it on. So far so good.

You can call Saleen and bitch and they will send you a new steering wheel logo cause they have this problem a lot.

FWIW, I dont see why they didnt do this from Saleen or just leave the nice mustang logo in tact. But, it's a Saleen and god forbid there is a hint of it actually being a mustang. (I think the only original "symbol" is in the windshield up in the tinted area there is a horse).
Old 04-25-2006, 01:21 AM
BrickDall

Hey there, My dad just bought an 05 Saleen S281 SC, after driving it around awhile I too have noticed that the logo on the steering wheel is peeling off too.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 AM
morganrj

Hey Guys,

I have talked to the dealer about this issue. The reason why Saleen used the sticker is, that Saleen will not modify the air bag on the steering wheel. Thats why they put a sticker on it. I was told to use a glue on the sticker. I had order one and its been 5 months since I ordered it. So, I suggest using a glue that would able you would still peel it off , but stay on. I agree it is a little thing but it would have been nice to have a better design.

Randy
2005 S/C #1188
Old 04-28-2006, 01:57 AM
06SCVERT#683

Yeah. I had to re-glue mine back on with less than 3000Mi and minimal use of the horn?? Also noticed some poor fitting on the center caps on the wheels....loose and rattling?? Don'y know whether it's poor quality or lack of QC??

Old 05-07-2006, 06:09 AM
nickd06
1st Gear Member

mine doesnt even have 1,500 miles on it and i have taken it back to my local ford dealership 3 different times for the stupid thing and guess what, it is peeling off again!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:48 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Read my previous post and either remove the mustang logo or clean it up to make it look like the Mustang logo is the logo. I have had my logo cut out for 2 months now, and with a new Saleen sticker and all is well. We will see the true test when temps here in NJ get hot.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: nickd06

mine doesnt even have 1,500 miles on it and i have taken it back to my local ford dealership 3 different times for the stupid thing and guess what, it is peeling off again!
Man, you must either really force your dealer to do EVERYTHING, or you are not a DIY'er No way in hell I would take my car to the dealer for this. Make them order you a replacement and stick it on yourself with a quality adhesive [&:]

I won't take my car to the dealer for ANYTHING unless it is something major I can't do myself. Hell, I just pulled my wheels off last week to take them in for a balance
Old 05-08-2006, 02:36 AM
nickd06
1st Gear Member

well in my defense the first time was taken in for a faulty fuel valve, and the second time was taken in along with a rattle in the front right hood, this last time was just to see if they would give me anything free since they can't seem to get it right!

Quick Reply: Saleen Steering wheel Logo