Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Hertz Shlby GTH

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:42 PM
TonyJ

Default Hertz Shlby GTH

Hello All, Im going to be renting one of those new Shelby GTH from the Vegas Airport soon, and will report to all my findings, but Motor Trend says the Traction Control defeat switch has been Defeated. Can anyone please tell me how to bypass, this bypass so I can turn the traction control off. Thanks alot.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:46 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Hertz Shlby GTH

* i've since seen the "mod" you can do to
the TC button.....lol

enjoy the ride and let us know how you like it
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
TonyJ

Thanks, I didnt know if there was a switch somewhere that could have just had the toggle locked out. Anyone know for sure how they did it?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I have seen two of these on the road. Nice looking cars.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 AM
elsindo

Default RE: Hertz Shlby GTH Traction Control

Yes, it's easy. It had to be something both simple to do, and simple to undo. There is a blog site that tells the whole story: http://hertzshelbytchon.blogstream.com/

I've read lots of forums, on multiple "Mustang oriented" web sites, and there are multiple posts asking, questioning, and making guesses about how to "enable TCH OFF". One such post says to pull a anti-lock brake module out!!! Good grief, rent a high perfomance car and disable a wonderful brake system? It looks as though Hertz/Shelby didn't realize that 1) almost everyone that wants to rent a Shelby is a car guy, 2) those car guys want TCH OFF, 3) there are no limits to what great lengths some of these people will go to in order to get TCH off!! 4) these same renters are of varying IQ's and mechanical abilities.......so it's obvious the best thing to do, is not worry about the tire wear, leave the car in the configuration in which FORD BUILT IT, and then not worry about some block-head disabling brake components, crashing the car, and killing people. Just rent the car as it was built, ay?

Since they didn't choose to do that, then go to the blog, take a minute (That's all it takes) and enable the TCH off button (it's simple and undetectable, and NO they can't check!) Drive the car the way it was built by the factory, and then take another minute before you turn it back in to restore it to the "Hertz no fun" mode. No one knows, they're happy, you're happy, it's a win win situation. If they keep leaving it up to guessing and continue with the image that it's some big mystery some shade-tree genius will get in big trouble screwing the brakes up trying to get the damn thing to get out of TCH ON mode ... better to put the advice out there for all.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:16 AM
TonyJ

Thanks a ton for that link. This is going to be great, Ill make sure to report back on how things went. Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

WOW! Thanks I think I will do this to our own car when ever I know it's going to get valet parked or I happen to 'allow' the kids to drive it! Because who really knows what happens to our cars once it gets around that corner and out of sight! Hell I WAS a kid once and oh do I remember........ 05SDI
Old 08-09-2006, 12:22 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Hey Tony - have you looked into pricing yet?? Just curious what these things are renting for. I'm going to San Diego in late September and am thinging about it
Old 08-09-2006, 12:27 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

WOW! Thanks I think I will do this to our own car when ever I know it's going to get valet parked or I happen to 'allow' the kids to drive it! Because who really knows what happens to our cars once it gets around that corner and out of sight! Hell I WAS a kid once and oh do I remember........ 05SDI
This won't be necessary - NOBODY will ever be driving my car without me in the passenger seat [8D]

BTW - how many of these Shelby GT-H's do you think will end up with this circlip removed and never installed again?!?! My guess is the branch level guys will never know about this feature so the first guy to remove it can simply leave it removed
Old 08-11-2006, 12:53 AM
TonyJ

Sowaxeman, I have checked its about $139-189 depending on what state your renting from. Most states wont get these cars, most of them I think are going to be on the West Coast, FL Vegas, Texes and AZ. However, I live in Indy and saw one the other day with OH plates on it, so the report I saw that said OH would not get any is wrong. It did say that they are only renting them at airports and you must show out of state liscense to get them, since they dont want locals renting them to beat the crap out of them. I dont know if they will actually stick to that or not. Anyhow, we are renting one in Vegas for the week of Sema, we pick it up at the airport and drop off at the Wynm. Its just under $200 per day with all the taxes and fees. (I think $159 without) I think you get 100 free miles then they charge you big time after that. Lucky for us, my Bro works for the Ford Assy plant in Chicago and because of that we get free miles. We only have the car for 24 hours, but we are going to put alot of miles on it, and burn alot of rubber, we are even thinking about just buying a whole new set of rears before we return the car so we can really have fun. We are going to take alot of pics of some great burn outs. Now I just have to find out from my buddy who lives in Vegas, where we can go and open her up without the police coming down on us.

Quick Reply: Hertz Shlby GTH