Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Extreme Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Extreme Delivered

Do what I do. Get your self a few pieces of scrap 2x10, and nail a couple of them together in a stagger/stair step config. Drive up onto them and that will give you the lift you need to get your typical garage floor jack under it
Old 08-29-2006, 03:31 AM
Saleen#41

Why can't you just buy one of those BIG heavy duty jacks? I'm pretty sure those will jack the car all the way up. Some of those cheap hydraulic jacks won't even jack your car up high enough to use jackstands. That's what I would do, but one of those jacks, and a couple of jack stands. I've worked for hours under jack stands. Just make sure you jack and put the jack stands under the frame.

BTW....I'm jealous....I want an extreme. Oh well....
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

The problem is not the jacked-up jack height, its getting one under the car Your average auto-store floor jack will not fit under the car - and if you do find a way you don't have any room to use the handle because of the ground effects. Thus driving up onto some 2x10's gets you about 4 inches off the ground with plenty of room to manuver that jack under the car.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I was reading through the manual and read that every 3,000 miles you need to grease the sway bar and bushings to keep them from making noises. What bushings are they referring to?
Old 08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

How do you guys close your hoods? I just drop mine from a couple of inches. There has to be a more gentle way.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
4Stangs
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S281 E

How do you guys close your hoods? I just drop mine from a couple of inches. There has to be a more gentle way.
That's what I do.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:06 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

More than a couple inches [&:] Mine takes about a 10-12" drop in order to latch. I prefer that method over using my hands or a rag to force it shut.

As for the bushings you need to grease, look towards the front of the car where the sway bar mounts to the frame/bumper area (behind the front fascia) and you will see the two mounts with grease zerks. This is where you need to grease. You will most likely need a grease gun with a flexible hose attached to it. I haven't looked closely on the back to see if that sway bar actually mounts to anything with the zerks or not.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:51 AM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PolkThug

ORIGINAL: ExtremeSaleen
Congratulation on getting the car. Must be a blast to drive. The extremes use 5-50w full synthetic. There is a sticker under the hood that will tell you for sure.
That sounds way to thick for the S197 engine.
I think the important number is 5w, which is critical during startup. Perhaps SAR or someone else with Saleen will speak to this and why Saleen recommends 5w-50. This is the same oil used in the the GT also. On the sticker on my car, not on the oil cap which still read the Ford 5w-20, but the actually sticker on the underside of the hood from Saleen says use 5w-50. I know Birdie confirmed that for me about a month ago.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I checked again and the cap says 5w-20 and the hood says 5w-30.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

You guys are talking about different engines keep in mind. Sounds as if the oil specs are different for the '06's compared to Extreme's '02.

Speaking of Extreme, I just noticed your sig. Is your car out of action at the moment [&:]

Quick Reply: Extreme Delivered