Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

New Saleen Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM
SaleenPowered

Default New Saleen Owner!

Hey guys, i just purchased a 01 SC Saleen!! Its black and has 40k miles on it.. I paid 18.5k for it at the dealership.
I was wondering if that was a good price or not.. I cant seem to find what the worth of it is on KBB or NADA, but hopefully someone on here will know... what do they come stock with 365 right? Is it just a GT motor supercharged or does it have other stuff (Engine wise). Also what can i do to make this get some big HP numbers. The guy at my shop i take it to said if i want big numbers, i have to get a new block and stuff.. but i plan on doing Intake,exhaust,Pulleys including the supercharger one, Tune, bigger TB... what else help me out guys thanks!!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:09 PM
AmyVCTexas
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Saleen Owner!

Congrats on the new toy! You'll love it and you've found the best place for info, camaraderie and support! Post pix as soon as you can!

Go here for NADA value on your car: http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...&z=76137&da=-1

You did well!! Welcome!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

First, get a dyno pull with A/F ratio now, so you will have baseline hp and tq numbers.
Next, put on the CAI, exhaust, basically, make all of the mods the affect your airflow from the airfilter to the exhaust tip and have your car custom tuned, and see what your numbers are, but more importantly, how the car drives.

If you're not happy after that, then get a forged rotating assembly and pulley it down.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
SaleenPowered

im going to get the custom tune and its going to get dyno'd afterwards with all the intake and exhaust ect.. He said the motor thats in there can only handle like 400rwhp, that kinda made me upset. so its going to be $$$ to get more horse than 400?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 PM
PolkThug
5th Gear Member

What is your end goal? ie "dyno queen", "1/4 mile champ", "street racer".
Old 02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
SaleenPowered

Street Racer mixed with Quarter mile champ?
Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the newSaleen. There are a lot of great people on here with a lot of good info.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SaleenPowered

Street Racer mixed with Quarter mile champ?
first couple of mods i'm doing shortly are the upgraded fuel pump (SVT Focus), the Chicane 66mm pulley, and a custom SCT tune. Future include 3.73 gears and maybe an SLP exhaust to make it sound meaner.

I'll make sure to post stats once I hit the dyno and get a baseline in a couple of weeks. I'm getting it done as soon as this pesky snowclears out.I'll post some stats before and after. I have a 2002 S/C, so if you want to see how it affects everything, just wait a few weeks and I can provide some answers for you!

welcome to the forum! make sure to post some pictures!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:40 AM
SaleenPowered

thanks guys! i am a german guy i currently own a M3 aswell.. Im new to the whole Ford/American Car scene.. It seems fords get a bad rep for breaking down and stuff.. Is it the cars or just people not doing regular maintaince to take care of them?

Old 02-24-2007, 03:18 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

Welcome tp the forums. Its a basic GT motor with the blower. To get more power you will definitely need to forge the motor.

Quick Reply: New Saleen Owner!