Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Clear bra cost

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
saleenstuff
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Clear bra cost

If you're interested in doing things by hand, the best priced clear bra I have seen was $20 in
a Fredricks of Hollywood catalog.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
s281cobra
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saleen281eguy

that would make me nervous. is it worth the $800? i was thinking about having it done, but i was quoted 1500 by someone really good that works on ferraris and lambos. im curious on if the sun will fade the rest of the car and not the bumper or anything like that because i would rather repaint my front bumper from rock chips than repaint the whole car because the paint doesnt match. Its hard enough to match tungsten
Worth $800? definitely, $1500 yes, that's about what I paid with all the custom cut pieces, what I have to go through to get paint makes it worth while, I've been so happy with it that I had all my other cars done.

As long as you stick with the clear product, there will not be a color difference beween the uncovered vs covered areas...........You think it's hard to match tungsten............LOL........try Lizstick Red, besides if you've had your car for awhile and the paint on the rest of the car has faded, a repainted front bumper won't match anyway.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 PM
saleen281eguy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s281cobra

ORIGINAL: saleen281eguy

that would make me nervous. is it worth the $800? i was thinking about having it done, but i was quoted 1500 by someone really good that works on ferraris and lambos. im curious on if the sun will fade the rest of the car and not the bumper or anything like that because i would rather repaint my front bumper from rock chips than repaint the whole car because the paint doesnt match. Its hard enough to match tungsten
Worth $800? definitely, $1500 yes, that's about what I paid with all the custom cut pieces, what I have to go through to get paint makes it worth while, I've been so happy with it that I had all my other cars done.

As long as you stick with the clear product, there will not be a color difference beween the uncovered vs covered areas...........You think it's hard to match tungsten............LOL........try Lizstick Red, besides if you've had your car for awhile and the paint on the rest of the car has faded, a repainted front bumper won't match anyway.
good point lol [sm=pcwhack.gif]
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Jonsey
4th Gear Member

Mine was put on by the guy who does the S7 and factory Saleen cars. He works on Ferrari etc as well. It is warranted for life, has not faded, yellowed or peeled. $625 including taxes etc. It took about 4 hours in my garage. All piece were custom cut. I am very happy with it.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:58 AM
ExtremeSaleen
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s281cobra

ORIGINAL: scspeedster

Are you talking about the clear tape? I wonder how long that lasts? will it turn cloudy or yellow? can it be taken off?
...it can be taken off, while my car was being done they made a mistake with the hood piece, and started to take it off I cringed as I watched them remove the piece. I looked at it after they removed the piece and the paint was fine, it's all in the technique you use to remove.
That was just after having it put on though. What about after it dries? Old bumper stickers don't like to come off easily, or in one piece. If it doesn't turn yellow, etc. no big deal, but I would imagine after a while that stuff is probably a bear to get off.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

It took me a while to decide wether I wanted it as well. I decided not to get it since the car would not be a daily driver.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Nitehawk422
1st Gear Member

I have the clear braapplied on my S281 SCby a company in KC that does Exotic cars. I highly recommend the kit, If I recall correctly the price was about $700 dollars out the door. I had the front done and the door seals done. The key thing about this product is once it is applied it needs to dry for about 4 hours and then the ends need to be checked. This will ensure you don't get any airbubbles, or resin seperation underneath the the product. After that check again in about 21 hours or so. Once finished don't drive the car in any mositure for about 24 hours and you will have a great looking clear bra will no flaws. The product is transparent, and it does not yellow over time unless installed incorrectly. I highly recommend the certified 3Mkits over a custom job becausethey are designed around corners and edges to prevent stretching of the material that results from thermodynamic change.The productwilloutlast the life of your car if applied correctlyand it is easily removable if you so desire by using alow heat hairdryer.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 PM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nitehawk422

I highly recommend the certified 3M kits over a custom job because they are designed around corners and edges to prevent stretching of the material that results from thermodynamic change.
Do you mean that 3M has pre-cut kits? The place I got a quote from simply had giant rolls of the material and a computer crontrolled "plotter" that cut the pieces with a razor blade based on a pattern given to the computer...
Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
saleenstuff
2nd Gear Member

$153 for 3M pre-cut Saleen hood, fenders, etc.
also included others for you

Major Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/42417/DB33035B4A1D406C9C6E887F25CB9073.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42417/FCA1827913FD4254887C82FE2AD641F3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42417/27C70323EC6E42B4959BFBDA41C0592A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 AM
dramsey
2nd Gear Member

So I would buy these pre-cut kits and then pay to have them installed?

Quick Reply: Clear bra cost